What's new

New Pellet Pistol

I just got in a new pellet pistol a Weihrauch HW 45. A break barrel in .177 that looks like a 1911 on steroids, at least the slide area, It uses the same grips as a standare 1911. I ran a patch through the barrel, and took it for a bit of zeroing. A little left windeage and a bit of up and I was centering a 1" bull at about ten yards then back to 25 shooting at some hanging soda cans dancing in the breeze, Easy hits and then tried it offhand and again real easy. I have a higher priced lower powered version that is a single stroke piston vs the spring air of this one. The springer is much easier to ****, probably not as accurate due to the spring recoil, vs absolutly no firing impulse on the other but it seems to be more fun.

I was using a mostly depleted tin of RWS wadcutters, 8.2gr. No idea of velocity. mfr specs says up to 425fps. This gun is rather unique among springers in that you can **** it in two positions, one called half power, the other full power. The way it makes cans jump is noticeable.

425fps is pretty descent from a pistol. I assume that is using the lightest and pointed pellets. Sounds very nice. it looks good, too. It looks like something Robocop would use. That would be perfect for potting rabbits and etc. for dinner.

I checked another source and it says 600fps, which sounds more like the impact sound it was making.

Here is a report of different velocities from a British reviewer. Based on this some of the lighter pellets could yeild 600fps.

hronograph test results: H&N Field Target Trophy .177, weight checked at 8.64 grain

SHOT NOMUZZLE VELOCITY (LOW POWER)MUZZLE VELOCITY (HIGH POWER)
AVERAGE:436.6 (3.66 ft-lb)547.4 (5.75 ft-lb)

That is pretty impressive. That is as much as a lot of the older carbines used to produce. I haven't kept up with air guns in a long time. I sold all of mine before moving. We used to sell Beeman, RWS, and all the rest many years ago.

nortac

"Can't Raise an Eyebrow"
@jkingrph , I believe I have essentially the same air pistol, a Beeman P1 magnum. 1911 grips, two power level c0cking. Nice trigger and very accurate for a springer.

Note to all: use a "zero" instead of an "O" to avoid being censured.

Last edited:
@jkingrph , I believe I have essentially the same air pistol, a Beeman P1 magnum. 1911 grips, two power level c0cking. Nice trigger and very accurate for a springer.

Note to all: use a "zero" instead of an "O" to avoid being censured.
I just noticed that, you would think on a firearms thread one would know what the word that I had censored meant, after all many words have more than one meaning.

@nortac It's highly likely yours is a very near if not exact specification Sir. Beeman has had a long history of bringing the German Weihrauch designs into the American market.

Whisky

ATF. I use all three.
Staff member
Who would censure us for using normal words in the proper context?
I’m pretty sure it’s just an algorithm that blocks all words that could be a problem in our family friendly forums. Theres no way for the program to differentiate proper context so they all get blocked. As @nortac pointed out there are work arounds that have been found. It’s sometimes a PITA but it is what it is.

This is the first time that I have had a word censored. The meaning I was referring to was the action of bringing a hammer or stricker into a position of tension by a spring held back by a sear, nothing else. The workd could also refer to a male chicken, peafoul or some other male birds, nothing obscene or vulgar about the use of the word.

If someone use the 3 letter word referring to the man made structure that holds back a body of water will that be censored.

Administrators , I am not complaining, just playing. Have a great day

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
This is the first time that I have had a word censored. The meaning I was referring to was the action of bringing a hammer or stricker into a position of tension by a spring held back by a sear, nothing else. The workd could also refer to a male chicken, peafoul or some other male birds, nothing obscene or vulgar about the use of the word.

If someone use the 3 letter word referring to the man made structure that holds back a body of water will that be censored.

Administrators , I am not complaining, just playing. Have a great day

I think the block is program generated. Let’s see. C0ck of the walk…

Yep, Admins ain’t mad at ya. :)

I agree, but using a commonly used word in describing the act of using a firearm! It looks as though their algorithm should be modified to accept the word here.

I got another airgun late last week, a Weirhauch HW77, underlever in .177 cal. Today an old Anschutz match sight came in from an ebay purchase. I got it mounted and took it out for a trial. First shot at a 50 foot NRA pistol target centered the #10 in the bullseye at about 15 yards. Took that target down and put up a new one and same point of impact for 3 shots giving a group that looks to be about 1/8" ctc.

Planning on installing a globe front sight, and installing one of the Gehmann adjustable iris units in the rear sight.

I agree, but using a commonly used word in describing the act of using a firearm! It looks as though their algorithm should be modified to accept the word here.

It's a problem almost as old as the internet itself.
And we are pushed into using 13375p34k.

I just got in a new pellet pistol a Weihrauch HW 45. A break barrel in .177 that looks like a 1911 on steroids, at least the slide area, It uses the same grips as a standare 1911. I ran a patch through the barrel, and took it for a bit of zeroing. A little left windeage and a bit of up and I was centering a 1" bull at about ten yards then back to 25 shooting at some hanging soda cans dancing in the breeze, Easy hits and then tried it offhand and again real easy. I have a higher priced lower powered version that is a single stroke piston vs the spring air of this one. The springer is much easier to ****, probably not as accurate due to the spring recoil, vs absolutly no firing impulse on the other but it seems to be more fun.
Ah yes the old HW45. I can still own that. I may 'pull the trigger' on getting one this year. Indeed, very M1911 vibes from it. It is also available in .22 It's quite a chunky piece but well - balanced and the sight picture is excellent.

My favourite pistol is the Webley Tempest .177, of which I own an original 1981 production run example. Very low serial number. That was when they were still made in Birmingham, England. For the past few years they have been made in Turkey. Sigh.

The Tempest is a good looking top barrel break loader. It will give about 420 FPS with a 9 grain pellet. I put Prometheus steel pellets through mine. They only weigh about 6 grains so the FPS is much higher. They go through a 2" phone book (remember them?) at 5 yds. they would work for squirrel or rabbit at 10-12 yds. Shot placement would be important though.

The old HW77 is a beautiful rifle. It is made still, in carbine and regular length. It's a superb quality underlever with a sliding breech, which works as you c0ck, and great iron sights. I think it has the Rekord 2 stage trigger. The carbine is called the HW77K here. It's 39" and the regular is a lengthy 44". It's hefty at around 9 lbs. Top power for UK limits and a great hunter. Another on my to buy list.

Last edited:
Top Bottom