What's new

New Nivea glass bottle Post Shave Balm

Cool, unfortunately I have three of the milk white bottles to go through first...what do you mean I’m hoarding? It’s just three bottles.
Milk glass:
Sensitive 7
Sensitive Cool 2
Protect and Care 2
Clear glas :
Deep Comfort 4
And 1 in use of every kind.
Could not help it, special prices. 3 for €10, 1 + 1 free, 2 + 2 free :cool: :cool: :cool:

Well I'm certainly no chemist but I do have a lot of spare time to investigate chemicals and from what I'm reading the changes seem like improvements. Removing the parabens was a good idea, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is a little tricky to understand (Disclaimer: I'm still working on my first cup of coffee this morning) but overall seems like a good addition. Hamamelis virginiana is witch hazel for all intents and purposes, so I'm good with that, piroctone olamine appears to be an anti-fungal and I'm assuming the maltodextrin has been added to help with consistency.

*time passes... shaving happens*

Having just used my old bottle on the left side of my face and the new bottle on the right side of my face after shaving this morning I noticed the new formula seemed to flow right out of out of the bottle whereas my old formula normally needs a ketchup bottle-esque nudge or two before it starts to flow. Not sure what to attribute that to, could be the formulation, could be the new bottle. Anyway, the new formula seemed to me to be a tiny bit slicker on my fingers while the old formula seemed just slightly... creamier, I guess. It's a hard thing to describe and if I hadn't been able to compare them this way, literally side-by-side, there's no way I'd have been able to discern a difference. Fragrance has not changed as far as I can tell. I'm very relieved to report that fifteen minutes or so after applying I can't detect any difference in how my face feels, left versus right. None at all.

Of course I'm just one guy, and this is only one shave but I'm relieved... The new Nivea Sensitive seems just as bomb as the old.

Well I'm certainly no chemist but I do have a lot of spare time to investigate chemicals and from what I'm reading the changes seem like improvements. Removing the parabens was a good idea, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride is a little tricky to understand (Disclaimer: I'm still working on my first cup of coffee this morning) but overall seems like a good addition. Hamamelis virginiana is witch hazel for all intents and purposes, so I'm good with that, piroctone olamine appears to be an anti-fungal and I'm assuming the maltodextrin has been added to help with consistency.

*time passes... shaving happens*

Having just used my old bottle on the left side of my face and the new bottle on the right side of my face after shaving this morning I noticed the new formula seemed to flow right out of out of the bottle whereas my old formula normally needs a ketchup bottle-esque nudge or two before it starts to flow. Not sure what to attribute that to, could be the formulation, could be the new bottle. Anyway, the new formula seemed to me to be a tiny bit slicker on my fingers while the old formula seemed just slightly... creamier, I guess. It's a hard thing to describe and if I hadn't been able to compare them this way, literally side-by-side, there's no way I'd have been able to discern a difference. Fragrance has not changed as far as I can tell. I'm very relieved to report that fifteen minutes or so after applying I can't detect any difference in how my face feels, left versus right. None at all.

Of course I'm just one guy, and this is only one shave but I'm relieved... The new Nivea Sensitive seems just as bomb as the old.

awesome. Thank you. I had contemplated getting the “cool sensation” version, but decided to stick with the “original” so as to try and know if there were any differences.

They are pretty close we have the new bottles and its not bad it smells roughly the same...i like the twist open lid ...pre much the same price...and no parabens anymore...not that i really cared about that but its a bonus...feels
Pretty much the same tbh if there is a difference in feel it would be slight

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
They are pretty close we have the new bottles and its not bad it smells roughly the same...i like the twist open lid ...pre much the same price...and no parabens anymore...not that i really cared about that but its a bonus...feels
Pretty much the same tbh if there is a difference in feel it would be slight
I wasn't so worried about parabens for the reason most are, though I'd rather not have them.

They are one of the go to preservatives precisely because so few people have a paraben allergy and I'm sure they are cheap too. I actually do have a paraben allergy, so that is why I try to minimize the amount I get.

Marco

B&B's Man in Italy
Glad the parabens are gone. I don't know if overall this is good or bad (the other ingredients) I would bet there will be little to no difference. Nivea knows what they are doing and will keep quality I think more so than some of the other reformulations. No one is clamoring for old Proraso, so there is some hope that the reformulation may improve or at least not make the product worse.

My friend, a few years ago the word "reformulation" was almost always synonymous of "worst".

Nowadays, things have changed for the better in many cases. Current reformulations often represent an improvement or upgrade, as in the Proraso products you have mentioned above. :thumbsup:

Chandu

I Waxed The Badger.
My friend, a few years ago the word "reformulation" was almost always synonymous of "worst".

Nowadays, things have changed for the better in many cases. Current reformulations often represent an improvement or upgrade, as in the Proraso products you have mentioned above. :thumbsup:
That is true. I think companies are a bit more cognizant these days of customers having other options and thus make a good attempt to please us.

Artisans soap makers change their bases like many change underwear and they are applauded for it, but when large commercial venture does the same, it's thought to always be to only in their interests, not in the product quality or customer satisfaction interests.

Prorasso proved that wrong as did LEA I believe, Ach Brito Mogno. I wish they would redo the Lavanda cream. It's one of my favorites scent wise, but contains parabens which I'm allergic too

Don't much care what the formula has changed to, since I add menthol dissolved in ethanol plus a couple of other favorite ingredients.

Looks like the quality should be the same with the new formula, especially with witch hazel added. Not overly concerned, but will want to get my hands on a new bottle asap to check!

Top Bottom