What's new

new guy, waiting for my straight to come in

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
well guys, i just had my first shave, not too bad, couple nicks but thats just cus of bumps on my face. My chin was the hardest part. Also i couldnt get a good lather going. I need to find a place to get some decent shave soap. I got a bar from walmart but that wasnt too good. Any ideas on brick and mortar stores around here that sells some? overall a good shave, only i did WTG because it was my first time. My gf said it looked good

Nice work...

I would look here for shaving supplies: http://wiki.badgerandblade.com/index.php/Category:Shopping_by_Country

that didnt really help much, i guess i just need to look around, im hoping to be in a thrift store and find a straight!!

well guys, i just had my first shave, not too bad, couple nicks but thats just cus of bumps on my face. My chin was the hardest part. Also i couldnt get a good lather going. I need to find a place to get some decent shave soap. I got a bar from walmart but that wasnt too good. Any ideas on brick and mortar stores around here that sells some? overall a good shave, only i did WTG because it was my first time. My gf said it looked good

Congrats, it'll get better with more practice, then worse because you're paying less attention and getting cocky (that's when I got my only permanent scar). Eventually, you'll find your sweet spot, and then it'll be good. Be patient, take your time, and don't be afraid of a little blood.

Regarding soaps, there's Williams which is the butt of many jokes in this forum, hard to lather, but it costs a buck. There's VDH which some people like better, and it costs around two bucks. You can find them at a Walgreens or CVS.
If you want to go with higher end products, check the reviews section of B&B and read up. I personally started with Omega soap which I found at Amazon. I believe it was $8. You can't go wrong with the Italians. It made great lather very easily.

Good luck and welcome:thumbup1:.

this is now turning into a shave journal, second shave will be tuesday morning, hope it goes well, my razor doesnt pass the cutting a single strand of hair test :mad3:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
this is now turning into a shave journal, second shave will be tuesday morning, hope it goes well, my razor doesnt pass the cutting a single strand of hair test :mad3:

That's all right, having a journal will help you keeping track of the shaves and if you have any questions, you will get some input!:thumbup1:

Top Bottom