What's new

new fountain pen recommendation?

Parker vacumatic restored, or a Parker 51 - but I personally like the Vacumatic....you could buy a couple for $500 and I don't think you be disappointed at all!

strop

Now half as wise
You mentioned Sailor. Did you not like it? The 1911 would fit your criteria nicely. I just got back a restored Vacumatic and I have to admit thY it has been in my pocket since. I took out the 51. Sorry Brian.

When you get into that budget range it's a lot about aesthetics and brand more than function because allshould work well

Thank you for the responses everyone. I have my mind on Edison pen. so you suggest they are top quality for under $500?
I will buy one from isellpens.com

I also checked out Pelikans but did not find one that I liked the looks of.

Thanks everyone.

Isellpens shipping to canada isnt very nice, goulet pens is a lot better if you want to save yourself a few bucks

$02023(2).jpg

I would get a Nakaya Aka-tamenuri, Piccolo. "Tame" means "pool" and "nuri" refers to the lacquer coating process. You can actually see through the layers of clear urushi lacquer as if you were looking into a pool. When the process is finished, you can still see the base surface of red urushi. After this coating process, craftsmen polish the surface over and over by hand for months in order to attain greater transparency, allowing you to clearly see the underlying red usurshi surface.

Filling out the order page at http://www.nakaya.org/en/order_form.aspx is very humbling and when finished you will fully understand why the pen is held in such reverence.

Sheaffer White Point with medium gold nib. A workhorse. I've used a couple of them for over 30 years during my career. I'm retired now, but they were my favoured fountain pens...by far.

The best all around pen I own is a Pelikan m600. A high quality pen for sure but my everyday pen is a Lamy Vista. For the money I just have not found anything better.

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
The best all around pen I own is a Pelikan m600. A high quality pen for sure but my everyday pen is a Lamy Vista. For the money I just have not found anything better.

Lamys are champs, in my opinion. I left my Al-Star (Lamy Black) and Studio (BSB) just laying horizontally in the drawer for a couple weeks, because I couldn't put my Pelilkan M200 down. When I went back to them, they wrote immediately. No scribbling or shaking required.

Top Bottom