What's new

New Arko Stick holder

Since I try to avoid plastics at home I was on a quest for a shave stick holder for my Arko since I already decant my Pinaud into glass I figured try same for the Arko.

This is a 30ml I believe, frosted glass cosmetic jar from Amazon. I think 20 too small and 50 too large. I had to squeeze a bit to get it to fit but overall not bad and can just take out last inch or so and stick on top of new stick when ready.
IMG_0151.jpeg

Hello, traditional Turkish barbers usually use it by pressing it into 10-12 cm aluminium containers. It also works very well to lather Arko shaving soap pressed into the bowl.

Guys, arko must be one of the best soaps around. I'm a late convert. However I cant get on using it as a stick! I ve pressed it into a bottom of a tosb cream container and make the lather in that. After 30 seconds the lather is luxury category. Arko is so hard once mouded in the tub that the lather doesn't soften it at all. .

I actually bought a couple new mugs I think I’m going backing to stuffing Arko in a mug and using the stick only when traveling

Guess I will need to watch for a Colgate Shave Stick Container for the Arko stick I have currently -- I've seen them, just haven't had a need/want to get one before now. I tore just the top off and pushed it up from the bottom for use and then was able to push it back into the paper/foil until I took it traveling this past week and it exited the foil when the bottom of the stick blew out. I do have a Gillette shave stick container for a 1917 travel set that's complete minus the Single Ring that I haven't been able to find to complete it, but I don't know if the Arko stick will fit the Gillette container.

Top Bottom