What's new

New Aquisitions, a request for an age, and LOTS of pictures..

i think my RAD got slightly out of hand this week...

1st, a 1930s ish gentlemans travel set with bakelite razor, 2 bakelite tubes, a chromed aluminium mirror, chromed storage tin, and wooden hair/clothes brush that has been tentativly named as a wardonia on an earlier thread. (£10 - ebay)

2 and 3. ww2 ish (just a guess) travel razor with no markings or documents. so if anyone can give me an ID that would be awesome (asylum_guido, heres looking at you *grin*) (£3 ebay)

4 is fairly self explanatory i think :D

5 my now deceased stepfathers 1980s era old spice shaving mug complete with original soap.

*more to come when i have uploaded them in a minute*

6 3x 1912 pattern ever readys ranging from corroded and quite scary to pretty much NOS, i just wish i could find a decent source for the blades here in the uk.
(about £12 on ebay between the 3)

7 a 1920s (best guess from a little research) DE blade sharpener. you put the blade on the spindles, close them and run it up and down the draw string. surprisingly effective. (£4 ebay)

8 my stepdads old solingen straight. has a slight nick on the blade where it doesnt close properly. i'd love to get it restored

9 a very old looking solingen straight that smells like it has been used for pruning in someones shed for the last 40 years. (seriously, it smells like compost :eek:)

10 NOS condition personna premium blades. looking to trade these for some of the old style auto strop blades with the "VALET" cut out of them if anyone is interested?

*one more set to come*

the 3 ERs are your basic 1912 models. the first 2 have the ornate handle, which is the heaviest of the handles. the last one has an aluminum handle and was made circa 1950s.

11 and 12 currently the best shave i have. a pretty much NOS auto strop with 3 perfect blades, a perfect strop (no nicks or cuts) leather bound case, the blade holder and inlay card. 12 is just there to show how clean the strop is, i know its a crap picture *grin* if anyone could give me some kind of a clue as to how old it is, i would be thankful. they are fairly hard to research online.

and 13. the contents of my shave kit. not bad for a week or so's work :D

the 3 ERs are your basic 1912 models. the first 2 have the ornate handle, which is the heaviest of the handles. the last one has an aluminum handle and was made circa 1950s.

the aluminium handle came off of one of the other heads. it seemed a shame to have a really beaten up head with the nice handle, so i frankenrazored it a little. thanks for the input tho.

oh, and i also have a NOS refil for the old spice mug and a near perfect rolls coming my way soon as well :D

Top Bottom