What's new

Need some help/advice from you audiophiles/Vinyl Nerds/Jazz Lovers

So many versions, and they all have their little quirks. Another thing to think about (because let's add another variable in there for fun 'n' giggles!) is that after CD remastering in '92 the pitch was corrected, so some vinyl versions might adhere to that too, vs the original speed.

Such a great album, and one I've listened to countless times. Welcome to the rabbit hole of vinyl pressings, sir!
And what a rabbit hole it is. Sadly, I didn't have the mettle for it, supplanting -even in part- my current and ever-expanding inventory would be sheer lunacy.

First, how good is the resolution of the system you will be playing it on? Next, what do you value the highest? In my case, the soundstage image is really important to my enjoyment of the music, so I would rule out the mono version, but that's just me. Generally, I purchase 180 gram pressings as the post above me mentions, and the Japanese usually do a good job of getting vinyl pressed properly, but as mentioned above, this can get to be a very deep rabbit hole. I have multiple pressings of several recordings, especially Dark Side of the Moon.

Reactions: Anu
Top Bottom