What's new

Myrsol ....... difference in the different scents?

I personally own Agua Balsamica and the Lemon and love both of them. Everywhere I look each bottle is 32 USD so I am hesitant about doing a blind buy of the other scents. Has anyone had any experience with the others. I am guessing Formula K is mentholated and it might smell like Osage Rub. I am guessing Blue will be like AV or something similiar. I have no guess what F/Extra would smell like or what it will be like. Any help with this will be appreciated.

Our friend malocchio is a big Myrsol fan, and his thoughts on Formula K can be found here (the link is also in the "Similar Threads" section below). If you search on Myrsol posts under his username, you'll likely find some descriptions of all the others, too!

Formula K is as mentioned, peppermint with some menthol. It has a clean minty-menthol scent with a nice cooling sensation. It is my favorite of the Myrsol aftershaves. My second pick is the Aqua Balsamica which you already have. The Formula K has a similar scent to the Italian and Spanish Floids. It is a powdery, barbershop smell, but slightly less intense than the Floids. I haven't tried the Blue. Once I finish my bottles of Formula K and Aqua Balsamica, I will definitely replace the Formula K and probably replace the Aqua Balsamica.

Knowing very little about Myrsol and the different kinds of aftershaves, I took the plunge and ordered bottles of the following:

- Myrsol Blue
- Myrsol Formula C
- Myrsol Formula K
- Myrsol Formula F/Extra
- Myrsol Agua Balsamica
- Myrsol AS Emulsion

So far I've only used the blue and the AS emulsion. It will be fun to try these out. Love the glass bottles with the finger grips and the colorful look of all of them. If anyone has anything to add about their experiences with these I would be very interested to hear them.

Ben

Anyone finding better deals on these?

I think 32$ a bottle is 25$ too much. Someone is marking these up like crazy. I see marked up items, but this is out of hand. Just seems stupid.

update ... I see. So it is shipping that get's pricey?

Last edited:
Anyone finding better deals on these?

I think 32$ a bottle is 25$ too much. Someone is marking these up like crazy. I see marked up items, but this is out of hand. I'm going to call some vendors out on it too. Just seems stupid.

It's all in the damn shipping ! if you take a trip to Espana you can go right to the small family run factory,run by senor Miguel and his son.The sales counter is in the front,and the prices are very friendly,the selection is unbelievable !.The family is always happy to receive visitors,and you will never find "snobbish" clerks at this old fashioned family business. As for a difference in scents,there are SO many it would be really hard to describe all of them..best bet is go directly to the Myrsol web page,hit your "live translation" tab (if you have windows) and read the different descriptions.As for the quality of Myrsol products,I can vouch strongly to the wonderful quality.Spend more,get real glass instead of plastic,it's worth the extra $$ for shipping....

Attachments

• $z.jpg
    $z.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 973
Good morning Gentleman
I received my first shipment from Gift and Care yesterday. It is a company located in Spain
They have all the Myrsol products and more. In addition, they have super customer service. Juan and Lorena took
The time to answer all my questions. I consequently purchased some FlOid suave, Myrsol Aqua Balsamica and Myrsol emulsion. The last 2 based on their recommendation. Well, this morning was the first shave with the Myrsol products and what a shave it was!!! The last time I had a shave like this wAs at Trumpers. I used the emulsion as a preshave and friends it is fantastic. I think much better then proaso or trumpers skin food. It absorbs and is slick and slightly menthol. I rubbed this in good against the grain let it sit for a minute. Loaded my brush with some MDC and had an extremely slick and rapid 2 pass shave. Without having too much touch up. This was done with a 4 day old feather. I proceeded with the warm then cold water splash. Now this is when you realize the quality of the Myrsol product. I apply the ague balsamica WOW what a scent. Like the hills of Provence. Not much burn but plenty of healing with a sort of light menthol effect. I placed a dab of emulsion for some moisturizing and my face feels like million bucks. I am tempted to buy more :))). I can say that these 2 products have moved to the front of my shaving den. Truly great quality.

Good morning Gentleman
I received my first shipment from Gift and Care yesterday. It is a company located in Spain
They have all the Myrsol products and more. In addition, they have super customer service. Juan and Lorena took
The time to answer all my questions. I consequently purchased some FlOid suave, Myrsol Aqua Balsamica and Myrsol emulsion. The last 2 based on their recommendation. Well, this morning was the first shave with the Myrsol products and what a shave it was!!! The last time I had a shave like this wAs at Trumpers. I used the emulsion as a preshave and friends it is fantastic. I think much better then proaso or trumpers skin food. It absorbs and is slick and slightly menthol. I rubbed this in good against the grain let it sit for a minute. Loaded my brush with some MDC and had an extremely slick and rapid 2 pass shave. Without having too much touch up. This was done with a 4 day old feather. I proceeded with the warm then cold water splash. Now this is when you realize the quality of the Myrsol product. I apply the ague balsamica WOW what a scent. Like the hills of Provence. Not much burn but plenty of healing with a sort of light menthol effect. I placed a dab of emulsion for some moisturizing and my face feels like million bucks. I am tempted to buy more :))). I can say that these 2 products have moved to the front of my shaving den. Truly great quality.

I purchased my Myrsol products from Juan as well. I got all glass bottles because it was my first Myrsol purchase, but they also sell the product in larger plastic bottles (200 ml and 1L) at a discounted rate compared to the product that comes in the glass bottles. They are the only vendors I've seen that do this. When I get more, I will get the plastic bottles, as it will be cheaper to ship to the U.S., and I plan on decanting into the glass bottles I already have. It will be a while before I will be ready for more.... but it's certainly nice of them to offer both varieties of packaging. Their shipping to the U.S. was very expedient and all of those glass bottles made it just fine with no damage.

Reading your post has convinced me to do the exact same shave tonight (except for the MdC shave soap, which sadly I do not have. Maybe I will use some Santa Maria Novella Crema da Barba in its place.) I never thought to use the emulsion as a preshave but the more I think about it, it would be perfect. Thank you for the idea Sir!!

Ben

Ben

Ben good luck with your shave tonight. It is Juan who told me that the emulsion is a very popular
Product with barbers in Spain. Some even use it as shaving creAm. Come to think of it, I think,it appears to be used in the same way as Trumper barbers use skin food. I had the luck this Spring to take a shave at Trumpers. My barber used only skin food for one of the passes. If I learned anything from that shave at trumpers us that the key to a close shave besides the obvious ( sharp blade) is a well moisturized face Prior to the shave. The emulsion I felt today did this better then the skin food.
Andy

Last edited:
Ben good luck with your shave tonight. It is Juan who told me that the emulsion is a very popular
Product with barbers in Spain. Some even use it as shaving creAm. Come to think of it, I think,it appears to be used in the same way as Trumper barbers use skin food. I had the luck this Spring to take a shave at Trumpers. My barber used only skin food for one of the passes. If I learned anything from that shave at trumpers is that the key to a close shave besides the obvious ( sharp blade) is a well moisturized face Prior to the shave. The emulsion I felt today did this better then the skin food. I hope you enjoy the balsamic water as well.
Andy

Product with barbers in Spain. Some even use it as shaving creAm. Come to think of it, I think,it appears to be used in the same way as Trumper barbers use skin food. I had the luck this Spring to take a shave at Trumpers. My barber used only skin food for one of the passes. If I learned anything from that shave at trumpers is that the key to a close shave besides the obvious ( sharp blade) is a well moisturized face Prior to the shave. The emulsion I felt today did this better then the skin food. I hope you enjoy the balsamic water as well.
Andy

Thanks Andy. My shave was pretty good last night. My Santa Maria Novella produced so much lather that I did a fourth pass that probably wasn't necessary and as a result I had a little more razor burn than normal. I also used a brand new Crystal blade in my Muhle R89 and the Crystals seem to give me a bit more razor burn as well given how sharp they are. It was only my second time using the Santa Maria Novella cream, as well as a Crystal blade, so I'm still getting the hang of building lather with that cream and shaving with that blade. I must say though, using the Myrsol Emulsion as a preshave with the Santa Maria Novella went very well. They are both mentholated show they work very well together..... similar to using Proraso preshave cream and the Proraso green. The Myrsol Agua Balsamica was a very nice finish and I used a little of the new 444 balm I got as well. Nice cool stuff on a hot summer evening. My oldest son had a baseball game earlier in the evening so I was ready for something cool when I got home.

Thanks again for the idea.

Ben

(by the way.... getting a shave at Trumpers must've been a thrill. I've never had a straight razor shave by a barber but it is something I would look to experience someday.)

Gentlemen, just wanted to say thank you for your reviews of the Myrsol products. I was just thinking about looking into the Myrsol product line.

Quick question to anyone out there..... how's the Myrsol "Pink" stuff?? I've read that it's supposed to restore the "plasticity" to one's skin after a shave.... but that's all I know.

Ben

Gentlemen, just wanted to say thank you for your reviews of the Myrsol products. I was just thinking about looking into the Myrsol product line.
In my collection I have: Agua Balsamica - Rosemary based - excellent cooling without menthol Fomula C - Lilac-ish with a nice cooling Agua de Limon - outstanding citrus Blue - I can't describe it, but it goes with nearly everything Blue and Formula C seem to last longer than the others, with Agua de Limon being the quickest to fade. They're all compatible with nearly every soap in my cabinet minus the T&F creams. You won't go wrong with any of them!

Has anyone tried the F/extra? I am thinking of placing another order. By the way, the emulsion is some great stuff. I have been using it as a pre and post shave the last couple of days and my face has reaped the benefits.

Has anyone tried the F/extra? I am thinking of placing another order. By the way, the emulsion is some great stuff. I have been using it as a pre and post shave the last couple of days and my face has reaped the benefits.

Have not used it yet but it smells a bit like the Spanish Floids. I'm guessing it might perform similar to Vigoroso.

Ben

I used the Myrsol F/Extra tonight after my shave. Maybe I was just really in the mood for menthol.... I love this stuff. I used the Myrsol Emulsion as a preshave, Omega cream, cold water rinse with alum and some more cold water, splashed on some Myrsol Agua Balsamica all over my face (careful not to get it in your eyes), then splashed on some Myrsol F/Extra. Followed that up with some 444 balm with a little more F/Extra. My first impression of it as I splashed it into my hands and on my face is a powdery sweet scent similar to the Spanish Floids. Then the burn hits you.... pretty heavy. When the burn starts to subside you pick up sort of a citrus scent and then the cool rush of menthol kicks in. The cooling of the menthol is about as strong as any splash I've tried (never tried Osage Rub or the Penguin one). When it was all said and done, my face felt soft and smooth. Another thing...... the glass bottles Myrsol comes in are nearly perfect.... from the finger grips to the opening at the top which dispenses just the right amount of liquid. This one is definitely a keeper for me..... just after one use I can tell.

Ben

Okay.... I've ordered the rest of the Myrsol products:

- Myrsol Plastic Shave Aftershave (Pink)
- Myrsol Metisol Astringent Aftershave
- Myrsol Antesol Pre/Post Massage
- Myrsol Lemon Aftershave

I also ordered some more of the Myrsol Pre/Post Emulsion because I am so impressed with it as a preshave. The Agua Balsamica heals and tones my face like no other aftershave splash I have (and I have alot). I'm just so impressed so far with all of the Myrsol products I've been using lately..... I couldn't resist trying them all.

Ben

Top Bottom