What's new

My Time Bath & Body Soaps

Can anyone comment on the quality of My Time Bath & Body Soaps? Jean, the owner, seems to have a very interesting selection of scents (pomegranate, patchouli, tobacco flower and...cannibis?), and they're tallow based! I've read a couple threads that mention these soaps, but I can't find any sort of comprehensive review of her products. I'm looking forward to hearing what people have to say!

They are really pretty good. The cream takes a little bit more effort to lather, but I have had no complaints at all from it. Slick and cushioning, as it should be. I also bought my wife some bath items from her and my wife absolutely loves the stuff.

Plus, Jean is a wonderful person to work with.

I'm glad to know that they are quality products! Which of the soaps have you tried so far?

So far, just the Menthol. I got the 10 Menthol (she sends an email after your order asking what scale you would like the menthol, 1-10) and man that stuff has a KICK.

I did get a couple samples, forgot. I got a GIT and the Lavendar apples and oak. Both are nice scents.

BTW - it says soaps on her page, they are actually creams.

I've got the black pepper (PIF'd from someone else last Sept.). The scent is great, but the lather is tough to work with. I've actually used it the last two days, both with my stiffer no-name brush. Yesterday was great, creamy and perfect. Today was watery, as if the soap couldn't get off of the bristles. If I could work the lather more consistently (and this is the only product I have trouble with), I'd definitely be in for more.

Jean is a very nice person to work with, I treat it like a soap and go to the container with the brush and load it. A solid soft soap.

I have the GIT and Menthol and think they are really good. I also do as Jim suggests and lather it like a soap.

These are great soaps, but a bit difficult to lather. I have found that face lathering vigorously helps quite a bit.
I use the same brush I use for soaps with the cream/soap. It's quite thick.
The scents are incredible. I have the Grapefruit/Peppermint, Pomegrante, Bulgarian Lavendar, Menthol (8), which is plenty & the Mint/Ivy. I wish all my soaps or creams had the quality of these scents. Although it's hard to produce a real thick lather, the cream does provide an excellent cushion. I understand their is clay in these soaps as well. My skin feels great after shaving with Jean's products. They are also exceptionally well priced.

What kind of packaging do they arrive in? When I went to Jean's website, there was no picture of the actual shaving soaps. I haven't been able to find one in the forums either. Thanks for all the information!

I've been shaving with MTBB 10/10 menthol every day for the last week. (I threw in some C&E for a night shave. Meh.) My experience has been spectacular. It takes a bit more effort to lather her cream soap, but it is well worth it. Great lather, great cushion, excellent "slickiness". Her cream soap works well on my face and provides a very enjoyable shave.

Customer service is top notch. I can't speak to the other cream soaps or products and their scents.

Can anyone comment on the quality of My Time Bath & Body Soaps? Jean, the owner, seems to have a very interesting selection of scents (pomegranate, patchouli, tobacco flower and...cannibis?), and they're tallow based! I've read a couple threads that mention these soaps, but I can't find any sort of comprehensive review of her products. I'm looking forward to hearing what people have to say!

Smity --

Well, they're a soap-cream, of sorts. The product has the consistency of a heavy grease that you'd use to pack water-tight wheel bearings. I have trouble loading the brush directly on the soap/cream, so I spoon out a generous snurdle into a lather bowl.

Although I prefer to lather directly on the face, I find that this product works best (by far) when using a lather bowl. It takes a bit more work than most creams, so keep mixing' and it'll take hold and produce a wonderful, creamy, fragrant lather. It lubes well and really, really softens whiskers as only a tallow based lather can do. :w00t: Lubrication and slickness is superb. And this doesn't just get the whiskers 'wet' --it really does soften them and makes a BBS shave a snap.

The bad news is that the soap can be a bit finicky, and it's easy to inadvertantly use too much water (...and then it can be very difficult to recover to a good lather).

The good news is that the scents and fragrances are just positively luscious, and are about the best in the trade. :001_wub:

Jean is quite nice and dispatches orders promptly. I recommend the 'Wisteria' or the 'Grapefruit and Peppermint'.

Recommended. :closedeye

-- John Gehman

Top Bottom