What's new

My humble collection…

Yeah, it’s simply three bowls.

Just thought I’d share. The top meer is a Paykoc I think. The pattern, stem, and case lining look like theirs. I love the lattice pattern, it’s so deep and actually carved underneath, forming almost 2 pieces. I’m very happy with the smooth cool smoke it makes.

The briar is an old pipe. It’s marked xxxxSON (SSN?) imported briar on one side and Algerian Briar made in France on the other. Any ideas?

Th bottom is just an old meer I got on eBay that I’m going to play with restoring.

I have a few more meets enroute in varying degrees of disrepair. I’ll show those in progress…
proxy.php

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Columbo

Mr. Codgers Neighborhood
Yeah, it’s simply three bowls.

Just thought I’d share. The top meer is a Paykoc I think. The pattern, stem, and case lining look like theirs. I love the lattice pattern, it’s so deep and actually carved underneath, forming almost 2 pieces. I’m very happy with the smooth cool smoke it makes.

The briar is an old pipe. It’s marked xxxxSON (SSN?) imported briar on one side and Algerian Briar made in France on the other. Any ideas?

Th bottom is just an old meer I got on eBay that I’m going to play with restoring.

I have a few more meets enroute in varying degrees of disrepair. I’ll show those in progress…
proxy.php

Every pipe smoker I ever met started with just one pipe. Many weren't as nice as yours.

You have a lovely collection. Meers are wonderful pipes.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
If you could post a close up of the stampings on the briar pipe, we might be able to take a stab at it. But, there were several makers in France turning out pipes from Algerian briar, so it may be a long shot. Here's a list of French pipe makers (probably not all of them)
French Pipe Brands & Makers A - D - Pipedia - https://pipedia.org/wiki/French_Pipe_Brands_%26_Makers_A_-_D

Nice collection. I just have one myself but looking to expand for sure. Captain Black is my tobacco of choice.

I’m very limited where I live, fortunately I’ve discovered CB and have learned that CB Dark may be even MORE to my liking.

For the detectives….break out your calabasheses…

proxy.php

proxy.php

Maybe “&SON”?

proxy.php

I just noticed it’s marked 302 on the bottom.

Here’s my ignition source….

proxy.php

I have a REAL DukeII as well, but it’s smaller, less reliable, and fuel is gone in a week of sitting.

Hirsute

Used to have fun with Commander Yellow Pantyhose
Well, those stampings don't give many clues. There were lots of French pipe factories making Algerian Briar pipes under lots of different names, and a single factory might stamp dozens of different names on its pipes. I suspect your pipe was made in one of the big factories and was probably a decent "basket pipe". Algerian briar is known to smoke well and those old French factories had lots of great aged Algerian briar to use.

Top Bottom