What's new

My Foray into the world of methodshaving....

From what I read and saw in the videos I think the documentation of the 'method' provides clear guidance to the impatient and a step by step instruction to those who don't want to put in too much of their own creativity or research.
Other than this it's clearly a very good method of selling.

Which is not a bad thing at all if it brings new happy members to the wet shaver community. :)

Joerg

From all accounts, a very effective way to get a great shave.

From watching the videos, absolutely no fun at all. Additionally, there seems to be a world of terminology tied to something other than reality. It smacks of self-importance and pretentiousness. It's not slag, it's lather. Slag is a term used in metal refineries. It's not steel, it's a fricken' razor blade. Seriously, the terminology makes me think it's a joke-then I find out it's not. At that point, I'm confused as to whether I should laugh or be horrified.

If they would just talk like people rather than traveling salesmen, I think the whole thing would go over better.

Joel's article had me in an uproar of laughter. Anyone that has ever watched the video or emailed Charles will get it.

I've been like 95% straight shaving lately because that is just what cool people do these days, I will say that method shaving does work and work well.

I've been trying to talk with Charles and Mike about using these products in straight shaving. It really doesn't exist, at least not in the way talked about here, for straight shaving. Yes, you can do it and paste #1 is suggested, but I find it difficult as the hydrolast products are kind of messy and make everything just a mess with water and I have to have 57 towels to shave. So, I shave with "regular" products most of the time.

If you want to do any blade buffing or even as a PSO the cutting balm is great. He (Charles) did have a Finishing Balm at one time for blade buffing, but I think it was discontinued?!.

Some great contributions on the literary contest. A joy to read.

Interesting…Having not read this previously, I do find myself already incorporating some of the shaving angles just by trial and error. I imagine that this process works fairly well, but I can’t help but think that there is too much “Thou shalt…” for my tastes. Makes me want to come up with my own double secret probation type shaving method. Peace.

Method shaving begins as a "guide for exact following" but Charles only makes it so to make sure there aren't too many mistakes and variables. After you get the hang of the products you personalise the shave!

Top Bottom