What's new

My best shave to date

Well todays shave was great. I found I had been using to much pressure and really let up on it today. As well I really worked on my lather and had good results. The difference was immediate to me. For the first time I have no irritation at all or weepers even.

Dovo 5/8 best quality
Van Der Hagan soap
Cheap Boar brush

After the shave I used for the first time Dickinson Witch hazel in cupped palm with a few drops of Shave Secret oil mixed in. Lastly was some Nivea balm and English Leather cologne.

My neck still not quite there but it was closer and irritation free. Still a bit of stubble though.
:blush:

Last edited:
I still haven't tried Witch Hazel...just proraso alcohol-free A/S balm. How would you rate it? Anything to compare it to?

Congrats on a great shave! You and me both, we're hoping they keep getting better!

Not sure yet what I think. I have been using it on my forehead for black heads about a week. Seems to be working. As far as an AS it doesn't dry out my skin but I also added a few drops of Shave Secret oil which I think helped. We'll see after a few more shaves.

Well today it didn't go so hot. I just can't shave two days in a row even with the straight. razor rash on sides of my neck bad :mad3:

Really good lather is so important, especially if you shave the next day.

I find myself anxiously watching my beard to grow just so I can shave it off :)

I'm going to shave again tonight. I picked up a badger brush ( have been using a boar ) as part of a stand set the other day from an antique shop. I'm very exited about using it tonight. the brush is the original from the stand it's in very nice shape.

I'm going to shave again tonight. I picked up a badger brush ( have been using a boar ) as part of a stand set the other day from an antique shop. I'm very exited about using it tonight. the brush is the original from the stand it's in very nice shape.

How'd it go?

Top Bottom