What's new

My 1924 Shovel Head razor

My razor has brass showing on the lather catcher, is it still ok to use?

Yes, it is common for the nickel plating (or other plating) to wear away and reveal the underlying metal. The brass is harmless to you and the worst thing that could happen is more plate loss (no worries about that, would be a slow occurrence), shave with it and enjoy it, all of my SE razors have some brass showing, no worries, I guess they were loved and used.

Yes, it is common for the nickel plating (or other plating) to wear away and reveal the underlying metal. The brass is harmless to you and the worst thing that could happen is more plate loss (no worries about that, would be a slow occurrence), shave with it and enjoy it, all of my SE razors have some brass showing, no worries, I guess they were loved and used.

Funny, I don't seem to mind the look of a GEM or Ever Ready with plating loss and brass showing. Something about the design I guess. On my DE razors plating loss always looks bad. On my SE razors that's note the case for some reason.

Funny, I don't seem to mind the look of a GEM or Ever Ready with plating loss and brass showing. Something about the design I guess. On my DE razors plating loss always looks bad. On my SE razors that's note the case for some reason.

It just gives em more character!

Top Bottom