What's new

mothballs for razors

i posted this lazybones-rust-protector buried in another thread, but don't think it got a lot of scrutiny. i'm recycling it here:

"i store my razors in a wooden cigar box along with several camphor moth balls. the camphor coats the metal with a very fine oil, protecting the metal from rust. this coating evaporates promptly when the razor is taken out of the box for shaving. quick, not messy, and very effective."

i also should note that it hasn't affected any of the non-metal parts of my razors (wood, plastic, bone, horn etc.).
having tried all of the usual methods ie. silica beads, gun oil, camellia oil etc, i believe this to be the most user-friendly.

i posted this lazybones-rust-protector buried in another thread, but don't think it got a lot of scrutiny. i'm recycling it here:

"i store my razors in a wooden cigar box along with several camphor moth balls. the camphor coats the metal with a very fine oil, protecting the metal from rust. this coating evaporates promptly when the razor is taken out of the box for shaving. quick, not messy, and very effective."

i also should note that it hasn't affected any of the non-metal parts of my razors (wood, plastic, bone, horn etc.).
having tried all of the usual methods ie. silica beads, gun oil, camellia oil etc, i believe this to be the most user-friendly.

Does it make the razors feel tingly and refreshing while shaving? :w00t:

Top Bottom