What's new

Most overrated shaving product.

This general idea has come up at a few points in the thread -- but who actually rates pre-shave products highly enough for them to be overrated?

Last edited:
every cartridge shaving system on the market today. people are totaly bwashed by marketing and when they hear that you wetshave they give you this "ooo you poor soul" look lol. im enjoying moments like that very much ever since i switched . luckily some are willing to give it a chance

Feather blades are cheap here in Thailand but i soon discovered they were nothing special. Sure, I'll get a couple of close shaves but Gillette Super Thins give me a week of shaves with a head shave at the end. GST cost the same as Feather here, and twice as much as Astra (and 4 times as much as Dorco) but they leave the competition standing. They're also super smooth and almost impossible to nick myself with. I could shave with these things blind drunk, but fortunately i'm a morning shaver.

Also, as much as i love the smell, Cella just doesn't lather as well for me as other soaps. Meanwhile Proraso is just amazing and i'm astonished to see it mentioned here.

BTW. I'm still a regular user of both Feather and Cella. I just think they've both been a tad overpraised.

Last edited:
The whole notion of open skin pores is overrated. Skin pores don't open or close.

Those poor pores, just get no respect....
Maintaining clean, healthy skin pores is important for maintaining healthy skin.

Dirt and oil on your face collect around your pores, open or not.
When those pores get clogged, it creates a pile-up of oil and dead skin cells in the follicle.
Bacteria make their way to the blockage, and the growth in bacteria causes inflammation.

Just sayin' pre shave oil does nothing positive for me to get a good quality shave, but a good soap or cream does.

Last edited:
Everything I have tried has met or surpassed my expectations except one: Clubman Pinaud After Shave Lotion
Way too strong and cheap smelling. Sorry.:blush:

Aftershave.

There, someone had to say it!

For 58 years I went without aftershave, so I know where you're coming from. Now at age 59, aftershave is the most enjoyable part of my shave, all inspired by a very large and cheap bottle of Tabac. I now have 35 or so aftershave splashes, all of which I enjoy except Proraso green.

Blades - Feather
DE Razor - Muhle R41
Soap - RazoRock XXX(love there soaps...hate the smell of this one)
Brush -Any brush over $50.
Aftershave - ????????
Just my opinions, but who am I?

Top Bottom