What's new

Morning cup of Joe

Have to work this Saturday, so I'm steeling myself with two mugs of Revv Turbocharge, each with 2 packs of splenda and a tablespoon of half and half.

Mom, who never met a a flavored coffee she didn't like, is sipping some peppermint bark coffee with what is approaching ¼ sugar and about that much pumpkin spice creamer.

Dad, ever the über frugal one is guzzling down Amazon Solimo dark blend, no cream, no sugar (bitter and black like his soul) while lecturing me and mom about how much more expensive our coffee is per mug compared to his.

This concludes a small peek of Saturday morning breakfast at the Thornton place.

Have to work this Saturday, so I'm steeling myself with two mugs of Revv Turbocharge, each with 2 packs of splenda and a tablespoon of half and half.

Mom, who never met a a flavored coffee she didn't like, is sipping some peppermint bark coffee with what is approaching ¼ sugar and about that much pumpkin spice creamer.

Dad, ever the über frugal one is guzzling down Amazon Solimo dark blend, no cream, no sugar (bitter and black like his soul) while lecturing me and mom about how much more expensive our coffee is per mug compared to his.

This concludes a small peek of Saturday morning breakfast at the Thornton place.
So you are using K cups? Or do you each have your own coffeemaker?

9D2071AA-EAAE-49B1-B181-8115FB3840B1.jpeg

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I'm enjoying my second mug of Northwest Dark, beans from Chris Coffee (about 3 miles away, luckily). Brewed in a Moccamaster, black and unsweetened.

From the Powell Hermitage, :smile1: early morn a 'half & half latte' with a vintage 2013 Rwanda Kararongi Gitesi, six days off roast to Vienna level. Afternoon, an Americano of the same.

This was part of the first 250 grams of (green) beans from a five-pound bag. The coming roasts need to be lighter to bring more of the character out of what was back then a 92+ rating from Sweet Marias. It's amazing what you can find buried under lots of burlap bags in the corners of your workshop!

Always the same for me.

Fresh roasted, varies weekly. This week is a women's cooperative in Columbia. Can't remember the name but I have 20 pounds to roast still.

Auto drip (Moccamaster)

Whole milk, no sweetener.

In the same corelle cup that I have used since I broke the last cup.

From the TexOkie Empire
Papa (me) Green Mountain Haf Caf from a K cup 3 tsp Splenda
Nana (she) Gevalia Columbian 2 tsp sugar and a squirt of Hazelnut Coffeemate.

Some might say we are in a rut. I say we have found what we like.

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
From the TexOkie Empire
Papa (me) Green Mountain Haf Caf from a K cup 3 tsp Splenda
Nana (she) Gevalia Columbian 2 tsp sugar and a squirt of Hazelnut Coffeemate.

Some might say we are in a rut. I say we have found what we like.
Do you really want us to start calling you Papa?

Today's,
early: Taiwan Jin Xuan Oolong,
mid-day: 2x dark roast illy iperEpresso shots

(too cold to have freshly home roasted, no desire for Lavazza beans, didn't want to open a can of illy whole bean.)
I'm desperately thinking about risking an in-the-house roast (or two, three?) with everything at a sash window with shop fans when it starts getting thick! I wish the workshop wasn't attached to the house below the kitchen, at least I could isolate the smoke to my clothing that way.

Community coffee, but I like Costco Colombian Bean, and their Costa Rican when I want something strong and bitter, like -- never mind.

My Swedish grandmother drank coffee all day long. I never saw her without a coffee cup in her hand. My mother was like that too. She used to get up and brew a few cups in the middle of the night when she had insomnia. Put her right to sleep, she said.

I've just about eliminated coffee from my life. Just four cups in the morning and a couple in the afternoon.

Currently drinking Kicking Horse whole been coffee. Any or the dark roast blends, not the decaf, they are all very good. Current blend is their Grizzly Claw corse-ish grind, French press brewed. Black, no sugar.

Seattle's Best Post Alley Dark Roast brewed in the Keurig. The Solofil reusable filter pod works great.

Clayton

Sent from my SM-A705U using Tapatalk

Top Bottom