What's new

MORE news from Valobra.

A few months ago somebody posted a thread about Valobra coming out with a hard soap puck. I recently purchased a Valobra Fougere bath soap, and it's fragrance is most wonderful. I emailed Valobra asking if they were ever going to reintroduce the Fougere scented soft soap or create a hard Fougere soap scented like the bath soap. Here is Guglielmo's response.

"Dear Mr.,

Thank you very much for your e-mail. I am pleased to inform you that a Valobra hard shaving soap in a puck shape is under development and will be ready for the market by August-September.

Although the Valobra stick shaving soap has the same fragrance of the Fougere soap but in a much smaller percentage the new soap in a puck will have a boosted Fougere scent.

Kindest regards,

Guglielmo Valobra"

Oooo... that's very cool news for sure. Awesome they took the time to reply, and that you passed on the info as well. Thanks. :thumbup:

No experience with Valobra (yet). Where do you find it CONUS? Any scent recommendations?

This fougere scent is not out yet. You can get soft soaps and a shaving stick, here, here, and here.

I love the soft soap and cannot wait to try this. Will this be a tallow based hard soap?

I'm going to say yes, since the stick has tallow, and this is supposed to be a puck version of the stick with a strong fougere scent.

Hard to explain. I might say it's similar to QCS fougere, but a lot stronger. It's really nice.

Thanks, Mike! Have a sample of QCS fougere shaving soap, and I do like it very much. Did just find a short review of the Valobra bath soap on Basenotes that it was courmain (hay) and oak moss. I really do like the sound of that!

To my very untrained sniffer, this bath soap seems a little like Palmolive soap scent.
Mild, sort of ferny, comfortable, buttery and not 'in your face'.
Unlike the pungent fern in Penhaligon's English Fern and not at all like MdC's fougere bath soap.
I would 'imagine' something like a 'blend' of QCS fern and Valobra almond.
As you can tell, I've not actually used this bar at all yet...I still have a LOT of a 0.35 kg bar of Claus Porto,
but would look forward to trying a new Valobra shave soap if/when they bring it to market.

$valobra fougere-D8C_2590s.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom