What's new

Molle' brushless shave cream

I saw this at QED and there is no formal review on B&B....does anybody use it? How is it? Recommended or no? Any info would be great...thanks guys!

The scent takes a bit of getting used to (smells somewhat like Noxema), but it does work well. I don't use it anymore, however, since I like a nice thick lather in the morning.

Performance wise it's the best shave product I've ever used. It allows the razor to mow down whiskers like no other and it leaves the face very soft afterwards.

It has a consistency quite different from other products. It's a thick past in the jar but it instantly turns to a film with water. It does NOT lather - you can't make it no matter what you do. Just smear and rub and you're good to go. You don't need much - beyond a certain point adding more has no effect whatever.

The scent.......frankly it's not pleasant. It does not disgust me like OTC gels or Taylor's cologne creams, but it is not a nice smell. I don't liken it to Noxema, more like Mennen stick deodorant. That said, the smell is faint after rinsing and is probably easily masked by your after products as it's a 'masculine' and musky scent.

There is no reason not to try it. It's a fantastic shaver - it will boil down to how you react to the scent. BTW I use it along side Proraso as my workaday shave - I save my Musgo and Taylor's Rose for times when smelling very good is in order.

How does it compare to Lucky Tiger Molle'?

I haven't used this either, but does anyone know if performance-wise they are similar? I would assume the L.T. molle would at least smell better (maybe a citrus/orange?).

How does it compare to Lucky Tiger Molle'?

I haven't used this either, but does anyone know if performance-wise they are similar? I would assume the L.T. molle would at least smell better (maybe a citrus/orange?).

It's the same stuff.

The Molle formulation has been owned by Lucky Tiger for quite some time (1980's?) but the label change is fairly recent.

Ive seen this on QED too and want to get some but wanted to read on it first as well, seems cool though with that old hollywood feel.

This morning was my second day of using/testing the Paul Mollé cream. As stated, it is quite different than nearly all other creams. And I did find out the "hard" way you can't create lather with a brush. :biggrin:

I'm planning on doing a full review of both the cream and the cream with the pre-shave oil once I've given it a full trial.

One comment on the scent ... No, the scent doesn't remind me of Noxzema at all, though the consistency is quite reminiscent of Noxzema face cream. The scent is very much coconut/coco butter with some of the shea butter scent coming through. There's also maybe a hint of tropical fruit ... it's sorta like slathering your face with certain suntan/sunblock lotions.

I have also tested the new Mole brushless shaving cream. I'm not particularly a fan of brushless creams, but this one was really pretty good. The scent, as Trius noted, was a definite coconut scent. I happen to like it, but that is a personal preference issue. I got better shaves than I expected, and my face was really soft and smooth; no drying either during or after the shave. It is not oily and rinses off the face and the razor easily, and does not clog the razor. All in all, a much better experience than I expected. I also found out the hard way that it does not do well with brushes; I couldn't figure out what was going on for a minute. The tub doesn't clearly state that the cream is brushless, so that should be fixed.

Before I got my first brush in December I was a daily user of the Molle Brushless shave cream. I was also taken in by the description on QED and a bit surprised to see the Lucky Tiger brand label on it. It still is one of the most lubricating shaves I get ( I still use it when I am pressed for time in the morning). It tended to clog up my Mach 3 so it's a good thing I am a DE user now. I don't mind the scent at all. If you're not going to lather with a brush, I'd highly recommend it.

Nathan

Recently purchased Molle Brushless Shave Cream. Has anyone else experienced a gritty texture? Any explanations?

I like lucky Tiger products. Gave this a try. Not bad. A bit gooey, scent not offensive. Very good shave. Cream like this I"be been not rinsing but just toweling off and applying Balm. Keeps my dry skin soft

Recently purchased Molle Brushless Shave Cream. Has anyone else experienced a gritty texture? Any explanations?
I feel like I'm late to the molle game, but I had some come in the mail yesterday. I can certainly see what you mean about the small bit of grit when observing the texture in the tub, mine is also not a 100% completely smooth texture. It didn't seem noticeable on the face though and I really enjoyed shaving with it this morning.

That said, I've never tried molle before so have no idea what "normal" is with it. I am on something of a brushless kick right now for weekdays as a way to get back in the groove after becoming incredibly lazy about weekday shaving over the past few years.

On a side note, it seems out of stock a lot of places and is only mentioned on the European Lucky Tiger site as far as I can tell. Is it being discontinued in the US? That would be very typical of me to become interested in a product right as it leaves the market.

Last edited:
Top Bottom