What's new

Mis-heard song lyrics

I heard a funny one on the radio about somebody who thought AC/DC's Dirty Deeds said "Dirty deeds and the thunder chief! I got a good laugh out of that one.

My wife listens to crappy Pop music all the time...

So what I want to know is, why's it a big deal if the dude plays with Katy Perry's Jeep... ?

:biggrin1:

Ba-con Salad
You don't have to leave so soon
I've been trying all night long just to talk to you.

Ba-con Salad
Rest you in my arms
Don't you think you want someone to talk to?

**With apologies to Eric Clapton.

Let me preface this with I'm not racist but there was a band called Pulp in the mid 90's with a song called common people. Every time I heard the line I heard it as "want to live like colored people". I remember thinking it was very inappropriate.
Sidetrack - look up the William Shatner version.

In Billy Joel's song "We Didn't Start The Fire" there is a line where he sings

"Chillin' at the little mine"

and for years, I thought he was talking about a small hole in the ground where he and his buddies used to go to relax.

It was only after I saw THIS VIDEO (at 2:07) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2v2JcpolIQU

that I realized he was saying "Children of Thalidomide."

oc_in_fw

Fridays are Fishtastic!
I don't recall seeing it, but then I have partial CRS. Purple Rain by Jimi Hendrix- "Scuse me while I kiss this guy"

You know she got her hands up,
She move better on time

You know she was a dancer,
She move better on wine

Mountain, Mississippi Queen. Smokin' guitar, plus lyrics mumbled by a lead singer on a two-week binge of cocaine and Jack Daniel's. Second set is correct (maybe).

I heard a funny one on the radio about somebody who thought AC/DC's Dirty Deeds said "Dirty deeds and the thunder chief! I got a good laugh out of that one.

There's also the slightly more unsettling version, ... done with sheep! Makes sense, if you're a New Zealander.

There's also The Who's Eminence Front. Sounds like it goes something like this.... "I said baby, let's....." or "Let's do it in the...."

Last edited:
There's also The Who's Eminence Front. Sounds like it goes something like this.... "I said baby, let's....." or "Let's do it in the...."

I can't figure out from which correct lyrics those were mis-heard.

That's a great song to crank really loud.

I used to think it went "We been livin' in a put, we been livin' in a put, it's a put-on".

This morning I woke up with the line "I've worked like a slave for you" stuck in my head and it took a while to figure out it was "I've worked like a slave for years" in Ride My See-Saw by The Moody Blues.

Alacrity59

Wanting for wisdom
You are the wizard of oz, ooh ooh ooh. A song from Grease sung by Olivia Neutron Bomb and John Revolting.

The theme song for The Patty Duke Show had a line that sounded to me like "One pair of matching foot-cans"

and for years I couldn't figure out what a "foot-can" was ... maybe it was teenage-slang for a pair of shoes?

Much later, I realized that the correct lyric was "One pair of matching book-ends."

Top Bottom