What's new

Mike's Lime and Noble Otter Barbaar

I've got a question. I have been wet shaving for decades, and DE shaving for about 3 years, mostly creams. I have tried Mike's Lime, and N.O.'s Barbaar: both great scents. My problem is that they feel tacky on my face; the razor sort of skips instead of gliding, Mike's more so. I have tried several blades: MedPrep, Polsilver, GSB, etc. What causes this? Not enough water? Both lather great, but I don't experience this with Stirling Soaps or any Cream

I just happened to use N.O. Barrbarr yesterday with a Ralf Aust straight razor without any sort of skipping like you describe. My vote would be the soap needs more water.

I've tried both Mike's and NO, and they both work fine without the skipping. Try adding more water and mixing it into your lather. I also enjoy Stirling soaps and they all seem to work similarly.

Rhody

I'm a Lumberjack.
I haven’t used no in a while but don’t remember that feeling. Mikes was trickier for me to get a great lather but not a tacky feeling.
try something like WK or tallow+ steel for fantastic performance

With mikes I usually load first with a dryer brush, dip the tips and load some more. It can take a lot of water and is one of the slickest soaps I’ve tried. I also like Stirling’s soaps as well but they are easier to lather I feel.

Top Bottom