What's new

mickey Lee pre-shave

Used this today for the first time. Is this meant to be washed off with soap before lathering? It seems very adverse to slickness. I applied it with my fingers, rubbing it on my face, then lathered as usual. My razor would not slide on my face, just bounce. The only other preshave I've ever used is a solid glycern puck that I rub directly on my face, and seems more like a bar of soap.

Interesting! It was my understanding that their preshave product was indeed meant to be left on the skin prior to lathering.

I have the mickeys lees pre shave oil. What I do is get on my palms and rub my hands vigorously and firmly (to make heat) and then immediately apply to my skin while still warm. Then apply my lather. Works ok for me when I do it this way. I still prefer proraso though. To each their own!

Thanks for the tip! Will try again. I see now that my jar is called preshave sandalwood butter.

I have the mickeys lees pre shave oil. What I do is get on my palms and rub my hands vigorously and firmly (to make heat) and then immediately apply to my skin while still warm. Then apply my lather. Works ok for me when I do it this way. I still prefer proraso though. To each their own!

Top Bottom