What's new

Master Wellcomb Menthol Shave Cream

Has anyone tried this yet? According to the site, it can be used either with brush or without.

Master Shaving Cream

master_sc.JPG

Nope. But I do have a half gallon of master bay rum that seems to multiply. I mistakenly ordered the stuff and found it’s good at repelling vermin around the foundation but not much else.

Have seen this stuff at beauty supoly stores but don't really use creams much anymore, so didn't pull the trigger. There is not much information about it. Curious to hear people's opinion on performance.

The Master Well Comb A/S are not bad, dont have great longevity, but are barbershop classics. Their Lilac is better than the Veg IMO.

I stuck a tub of this in my order from Williamsport Barber a couple of weeks ago out of curiosity. They indicate on the page that it can be used with a brush or brushless. The instructions on the tub don't mention using a brush at all and in my experience it's almost definitely non-lathering/brushless. The scent is like Noxzema with an even stronger menthol scent. I did a touch up shave with it yesterday and it works fine. It has a nice menthol kick. Very slick with a tiny bit of cushion that is usually absent from brushless products. I would be afraid to dip any of my nicer brushes in that stuff for fear that the scent would linger in the knot long after the shave. It reminded me a bit of Proraso preshave and I'll almost certainly use the rest of the tub in that capacity.

I'd be curious to find out from someone old enough how this product stacks up against Noxzema Brushless. I know it's long gone, but every one of the descriptions I've read on this forum seem to indicate that this would be a suitable replacement.

M

Member 113878

Bought a tub recently but hated it.
Very strong tea tree smell, which I can’t stand at all.
Also contains parabens.

M

Member 113878

No, I bought it from an on-line canadian store (menessentials.ca)

Top Bottom