What's new

Manicures and Pedicures

TexLaw

Fussy Evil Genius
I've had a few of each. Mrs. TL goes for a mani/pedi about once per month, and I've joined her a few times. The place she goes to is not far from us and not expensive--$30 for the mani/pedi. If I were to get my nails polished or varnished, that would be part of the deal--haven't tried that, and I don't see that I will any time soon. They do a decent job, especially for the price, and I must say that I enjoy it. Shoot, they even turned one of the TVs to the World Cup matches for me.

I did get some stares (not all very nice) when I came in, but having my wife with me gave me some serious cover on that front. I've seen other guys in there, so it's not that big of a deal, but I definitely got the feeling that I was trespassing into someone's clubhouse. Still, we got a kick out of it when Mrs. TL was asked if I was her boyfriend (because what in the world would a husband be doing in there with his wife?).

However, I do a better job on my fingernails than they do, but I'm weird that way. Mrs. TL loves it, and I'm happy for her to go as often as she likes. After all, if Momma ain't happy . . . .

I agree that about the best part is the massage. However, for the same $30, I can go over to one the nearby Chinese reflexology places and get a 40 minute massage that is better than any other massage I've ever had. I'll probably stick with that.

ouch

Stjynnkii membörd dummpsjterd
proxy.php

August's brother- Charles Nelson West.

My wife seems to spend an inordinate amount of time doing this to herself.

I on the other hand have no intention of ever letting anyone touch my feet. And my hands I trash every single day so it seems rather pointless.

Got my first pedicure Saturday and it was awesome. Watched football the whole time, if they had bloody mary's i would never leave. Mine took about 45 minutes doing some serious leg and foot massage, all while sitting in a really good massage chair. Will definitely do that again. My wife said there are guys in there all the time, it's catching on.

David

B&B’s Champion Corn Shucker
My feet haven't seen sunlight in years, but we're going on vacation in two weeks and I've gotta do something. I'm afraid it's gonna be like the scene from dumb and dumber.

My only pedicure was from a friend of a former girlfriend who happened to have her own nail studio and genoursly shouted us both pedi's. It involved a soak, pedi, scrub, Chinese foot massage and was just amazing. I had show worthy toe nails for a good four months after that !

I used to get pedicures, but got a nasty MRSA bacterial infection on my leg. I got it either at the gym (likely) or from the pedicure shop (less likely). I've given up both ever since.

Top Bottom