What's new

Malbolge Aftershave: a Quick Review

After a few months of using PAA Malbolge aftershave exclusively, I have some thoughts that I thought I'd share.

Scent: for those of you that like tobacco scent, this one is for you. The tobacco scent comes across very strong.

For comparison, Barberry Coast's Havana aftershave might rate a 5/10 on the scent scale, whereas Malbolge might come in at 9/10.

The scent is strong and not subtle. The tobacco, in a way, is force fed straight into your nose.

Weight: some aftershaves are delicate and light. Some of Captains Choice aftershaves have this characteristic. Light aftershaves leave no trace, save for any scent it might leave, that an aftershave was applied.

Malbolge, in contrast, is the heaviest aftershave I've ever used. It "feels" as though a layer of aftershave has been applied to the face. Visually, there is a shine, or sheen, present on areas of the face the aftershave was applied.

Too, I found I needed/wanted to rinse my hands before applying lotion in order to remove the residual aftershave on my hands.

Sting/burn: this aftershave burns more than any aftershave I have ever used. This isn't necessarily due to a rough shave, since when applying the aftershave with a face full of stubble, I still receive a burning sensation.

Ymmv, of course, but I do not like the burning sensation from this aftershave. It doesn't have the "good burn" that many of us enjoy.

Longevity: the scent lasts a long time. Several hours at least. This is a great benefit of this aftershave.

Packaging: I wouldn't normally discuss packaging in regards to an aftershave, but I need to in this case. Over time the aftershave began to deteriorate the label. This results in your hands/fingers becoming sticky from the glue behind the label when the label is touched.

Grades: 10 being highly recommended, 1 being not recommended.

Scent: 9/10 Great scent

Weight: 3/10 too heavy

Burn: 1/10 excessive burn

Longevity: 10/10 I use this as a cologne at times because the scent lasts so long

Packaging: 1/10 refer to the posted picture

Final verdict: if you like tobacco scent, get this. The scent is so good and long lasting, you will probably not care too much of this aftershaves other shortcomings.

For me, I have enjoyed the aftershave but I will not be buying it again.
proxy.php

Sent from my Nokia 7.1 using Tapatalk

Nice review. I haven't tried the aftershave but I had a tub of the soap a while back and the scent is really well done. I'd forgotten about this one for a while. I'm not big on aftershave splashes but if it were available in a balm I'd consider it.

I've only tried the soap and the beard oil, but I love this scent. It surprised me, because I sometimes don't like scents that are heavy on the tobacco. This one is definitely more aromatic than most and is muted a bit by the other notes. I picked mine up while visiting the Razor Emporium shop front. It was good enough that I couldn't leave it behind.

Top Bottom