What's new

Looking for Lime scent

Hey all--

Thanks for the great suggestions for a lime scent. I will be using Proraso Azur Lime shave cream and
Proraso Azur Lime aftershave balm. Not a strong lime scent, but something subtle and soothing.

715zt25zxol-_sx522_-jpg.904708
813boajtwcl-_sy679_-jpg.904713

I'll also mention Stirling Lime. I have the "Glacial" version, which has quite a bit of menthol added to it. It's enough menthol to really chill your face. Plus the smell of menthol is very prominent as well. The lime scent of this seems good, but honestly the menthol is so strong that it's right at the same scent strength as the lime.

The scent doesn't seem to last all that long, but I've found that the person wearing the scent isn't always the best judge. I had someone comment a while back about the scent of my aftershave and I thought it was entirely gone at that point.

The Stirling feels good going on and leaves my face pretty happy after it dries.

Recommended, but only if you like a big blast of chill. I'm sure the regular version is quite a bit different.

Brian.

Hey all--

Thanks for the great suggestions for a lime scent. I will be using Proraso Azur Lime shave cream and
Proraso Azur Lime aftershave balm. Not a strong lime scent, but something subtle and soothing.

Great choice !! If you find that you like the scent and performance of that combo, then you may also like Proraso Cypress & Vetiver. It's also on the subtle side but still fresh and grassy and lasting. "Azur Lime" and "Cypress & Vetiver" are 2 of my favorites out of all the things i've sampled so far.

Their Wood & Spice variety , however, is a totally different animal....that's like getting a truckload of church incense dropped on your head, it's the strongest of all the 7 Proraso's. It's a very pleasing scent... I'd love to be in place that smelled like that, say - in a church, or antique shop, museum, small town country store....but i don't necessarily want to walk around being the source of that smell.

Last edited:
I'm a little late to the party, but seriously...give Avon Island Lime a try. My absolute favorite lime aftershave. Pretty good longevity on it too especially for a lime aftershave!

Looking for lime scent in preshave and aftershave. Any suggestions?

So am I! Haven't tried too many but actually Colonel Conk's Lime A/S I liked a lot. (At least the fragrance - I don't remember if it did anything for my skin?) I'm going to try Stirling's as I get a lot of stuff from them anyway. Always wanted to try St. Charles Shave lime but don't want to pay shipping for just one item - not interested in much other stuff from them at the moment to put together a bigger order.

Top Bottom