What's new

Locking up my tobacco!

SWMBO certainly likes the idea of me taking up a pipe....she's already voiced the opinion that my Gawith, Hoggarth and Co. Brown Flake "would make a really nice pot-pourri"!

Even though I said I'd be keeping the pipes for work/outside rather than "at home" use (we rent), she's said she's doesn't mind me puffing away. Although she doesn't believe I can go from 20/30 cigs to just "sipping" on an occasional bowl without inhaling :lol:

Bizarrely, she has drawn the line at walking down the street with me and my pipes :blink:

P.S. Is it weird that I'm getting the urge to christen my Medico Sharron? (The brand name on my pouch :lol:)

Commander Quan

Commander Yellow Pantyhose
I am glad that you are excited about your new purchases. My fiancee swears up and down that she is not embarrassed to be seen with me smoking a pipe in public, but I know that not so deep down, she is secretly hoping I never do.

I find that many are receptive to my smoking a pipe, including many who look with some disdain on other forms of tobacco consumption.

I proudly go about with my pipe in public. REPRESENT

My wife is the one that finally convinced me to go ahead and take up the pipe. I have wanted to fro some time, but figured she would never go for it. Earlier this year, I began trying it out. Sometimes I smoke everyday, sometimes I go a week or so without smoking. Just depends.

I'm a user of the briar (or meerschaum as the case may be) and it's my observation people find my pipe smoking quaint, if not downright interesting. Walk proud laddie when you smoke that tobacco.

I smoke mainly aromatics and virginias, and any time I've been out in public with a pipe I've always had comments on how good it smelled...never a negative comment yet...

SWMBO seems to be coming round to it (or she's getting used to seeing me with a pipe!:lol:) she still thinks the Medico looks a bit "old fashioned" but I think she likes the Falcon and she certainly likes the smells :thumbup:.

I was a teeny bit self-conscious the first time I fired up in public....just in case I looked like a total beginner :lol: but it's quickly feeling very natural...I'm even finding myself using the stem as a pointer :001_smile

I have actually been asked a couple of times what I'm smoking, the older gent who asked today sounded surprised that they still sell St Bruno :thumbup1: On the other hand, some of the younger guys at work have asked what I'm smoking a bit TOO enthusiastically!:shifty:

SWMBO seems to be coming round to it (or she's getting used to seeing me with a pipe!:lol:) she still thinks the Medico looks a bit "old fashioned" but I think she likes the Falcon and she certainly likes the smells :thumbup:.

I was a teeny bit self-conscious the first time I fired up in public....just in case I looked like a total beginner :lol: but it's quickly feeling very natural...I'm even finding myself using the stem as a pointer :001_smile

I have actually been asked a couple of times what I'm smoking, the older gent who asked today sounded surprised that they still sell St Bruno :thumbup1: On the other hand, some of the younger guys at work have asked what I'm smoking a bit TOO enthusiastically!:shifty:

:thumbup1::lol::lol::lol:

I haven't smoked in public, just at home. Not too many places around here are crazy about you smoking outside their establishments, and none allow it inside anymore. NC has gone anti-tobacco crazy.

:thumbup1::lol::lol::lol:

I haven't smoked in public, just at home. Not too many places around here are crazy about you smoking outside their establishments, and none allow it inside anymore. NC has gone anti-tobacco crazy.

The only places we can smoke IS outside, or in your own home....or if you're really desperate to smoke indoors, prison! :lol:

I only smoke a pipe at home now. Sitting in the outside room, on the couch having a reflective hour or so. I find it's very relaxing.

Living in Annapolis I see many people smoke pipes. I'll smoke in front of my wife (some tobacco I have she likes while some she doesn't) I'd smoke in public but with all my tattoos and my choice of casual attire might make people think I'm smoking the wacky tobaccy so I hold off and just do it at home.

Top Bottom