What's new

Le Grelot in Snakewood

Here is a Rasurpur 3/4 hollow shoulderless TI Le Grelot that I rescaled in snakewood. I attempted to keep the TI-shape of the scales only with slightly softer lines and a CA finish. The wedge is black paper micarta and the hardware is brass. This was the first time I've worked with snakewood and I found it even harder than ironwood. Thanks for looking!

Last edited:

Legion

Staff member
That's cool. The pocket knife I carry has snakewood bolsters. I really like the look of it.

Thanks everyone. The photography is another new hobby I'm working on. Not too happy with the light in these pics, but I didn't want to wait until morning to get better light!

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words everyone.

I love it! I got one of those too. What did you do with the original scales?

Thank you - yes it is a very nice razor. I find it to be lighter and maybe a bit hollower than its 'shouldered' cousin, but every bit as good a shaver. I PIF'd 2pairs of black TI scales to another member who was looking for some.

What kind of camera do you use? I need to get a new camera myself.
Joe I use a D90 usually with a 18 to 105mm zoom, sometimes with a circular polarizing filter to manage glare from the blade. I usually like to shoot razors in natural light using a tripod. This allows me to use a very high f stop (focus on the entire razor) and a very low ISO (minimizes 'noise') and get very sharp detail.

Top Bottom