What's new

Lather - post up your favorite brush with a head of lather

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
38CA7F2F-EDA8-4D5C-86F4-606C19DE9223.jpeg

Soap: Lightfoot's Pure Pine Aromatic Gentlemen's Shave Creme Soap
Brush: Omega 10065 in a nice, piney green
05A46900-F9BB-4C04-96F6-ED325E320D87.jpeg

And they said it couldn't be done. Frankly, I think the Captain's Choice copper bowls are lathermatic lather magic.

And, no, I don't recommend this soap, even though it is quite instructive. If you need to zero the scale on your glidecushionometer, you can use Lightfoot's PP, or just some Ivory.

Where did you get this brush as I might buy one.
Hey, thanks for asking. You can get this at Aliexpress or just type BOTI shaving brush with Google, that's where I got mine from. They're mostly selling many various handles and different types of knots but you can make a request for them to put together your choice of handle and knot. Hope this can be of help...

Mon 4th
Soap Henri et Victoria Cognac & Cuban Cigars
Brush Yaqi 24mm Silvertip
A gorgeous kinda sweetish cigarish scent from the soap. The lather was good too...creamy and slick!
20211004_075110.jpg

Tue 5th
Soap Tabac
Brush Yaqi 26mm Rainbow
Super duper awesome Tabac! So rich so creamy and so slick...with a nice scent too!
This shave with my oldest razor (need to fiddle some to align the blade) paired with the blade was excellent! Very smooth and comfortable in 3passes for a bbs finish. The aftershaves were terrific as well.
20211005_065219.jpg

Lefonque

Soap Stirling Iced Pineapple
Brush Yaqi 24mm Mountain Lake 2 Band Badger
Terrific lather from this soap! An invigorating scent, cooling sensation, creamy and slick qualities...love it!
View attachment 1340666
Lather is looking great lately. Are you doing anything different? I have been trying some different methods in the last few weeks. I have had varied results but great fun trying.

Lather is looking great lately. Are you doing anything different? I have been trying some different methods in the last few weeks. I have had varied results but great fun trying.
Hey, thanks!! I don't think I was doing anything differently but it may be something unconsciously small...like starting the lathering process dryer...and adding little water really gradually...I wanted the lather to be rich, creamy but with a more hydrated sheen. Perhaps also a little more product? Regardless...I learned now to have a good thickly rich creamy lather with a nice hydrated sheen...the key is to start with a dryer brush...

I can see you are having fun with your lather too...that's what is all about, having fun. If you enjoy your own lather...the best in the world...!!! Great stuff!!

Lefonque

I have been also playing around with hydration and increasing product in my lathers recently.
The method that my Grandma taught me over 55 years ago is still my favourite method of lathering but using different methods is great fun.😊😊😊 Even close to 70 learning new stuff is great.

Top Bottom