What's new

Late model Valet

Wasnt really planning on buying one of these, but I spotted this one in an antique store today.
Other than being a bit grimy it seemed to be in nice condition.
Cleaned it up when I got home and it seems to be in near mint condition.
proxy.php

proxy.php

Made in Canada...
proxy.php

I know very little about these, but it must be a fairy late model according to the patent dates
proxy.php

I really like the design and engineering or the Valets...might have to get some blades and try scraping my face with it :001_smile

I've shaved with a Valet and some Feather blades kindly given to me by HoosierTrooper (Tom). I got a DFS on my first use with two passes. And it is a very cool razor in its own right. This may be one of the most underrated SE razors. One issue is blades. You either need NOS Valet blades or the special Feathers that align properly in the Valet head.

Keep your eye out for an older Valet which will accept regular modern SE blades once you have de-spined them and made a couple simple snips. One of my favorite razors.

Keep your eye out for an older Valet which will accept regular modern SE blades once you have de-spined them and made a couple simple snips. One of my favorite razors.

Absolutely! I find the VC-4 (yours, Sled Dog) to be fairly mild, in comparison with the older OCs using the Gem de-spined blades.

I didn't know there was a market for these. One was given to me when I purchased another razor from someone. I cleaned it up but it's just sitting in my cabinet. I guess it's time to post it on the B/S/T board. If I can ask, what's a resonable asking price?

Mike

I didn't know there was a market for these. One was given to me when I purchased another razor from someone. I cleaned it up but it's just sitting in my cabinet. I guess it's time to post it on the B/S/T board. If I can ask, what's a resonable asking price?

Mike
Just MHO, but if its VG-Excellent $15, $10-12 otherwise. I would ask $15 if the knurling on the handle is sharp, the "Valet"stamp is very clean, along with the serrations in the comb.

Mike
THe Valet razor, ideally, will come in a kit with some NOS blades and a strop. Those kits in very good to excellent can bring $35 and up. And I've seen packs of NOS blades go for very high prices...like $60 for 20 blades.

THe Valet razor, ideally, will come in a kit with some NOS blades and a strop. Those kits in very good to excellent can bring $35 and up. And I've seen packs of NOS blades go for very high prices...like $60 for 20 blades.
As above, yes. I was referring to the razor only, of which there are quite a few. A complete kit is easily $35+ in good condition.

Top Bottom