What's new

Larry at Whipped dog straights needs some prayers

Awesome to hear she's in such good hands Larry, I think we're all following very closely and wishing/praying for the best. Thanks for keeping us in the loop through the hard time.

..........Larry, that is fantastic news..........!!!

.........i am very happy that she will come out of it well, and only needing some physical therapy.......

............i am very happy indeed.......

Been praying regularly Larry.... and keeping up on the blog posts. During men's prayer this morning she was also prayed for. Not much else we can do from afar, but we support you and your family. God speed a quick and painless recovery. And if the recovery isn't quick or painless, much patience and perseverance....

Katie works for Loma Linda university, and has good insurance. Loma Linda medical center is one of the top medical centers in the US, and that med center is about 100 feet from Katie's place of work.

We are blessed.

That's good to hear.

A colleague of mine was diagnosed with stomach cancer. After surgery this week, he was told that he needed to take daily 'prevention' medication. The pills alone comes to SGD1,000 per week. He will be on this pills for 3 years. Fortunately he's covered by his insurance.

Larry, am glad to hear that Katie is recovering well. My prayers are with Katie and all of your family and pray that she will make a full recovery.

Glad to hear things are trending in the right direction. It sounds like she is getting attentive care. And happy belated birthday!

Just wanted to bump this up and let Larry know I've been following the blog closely and I'm very happy to hear of Katie's progress.

Hi Larry: I'm so glad to hear Katie's progress. Prayers and good thoughts to Katie, you, and your family.

WARHAWK

A fried who isn't into shaving at all is monitoring this thread. She is astounded at the support you guys are giving me. But, I am not. This has been a tough year for me in general, and everyone has been so supportive. Expected, but unbelievable too!

Two weeks ago, the doctors wondered whether Katie would live. Even if she lived, they didn't give us much hope of full neurological recovery. "50% chance of survival, and 2-20% of full neurological function" was the word the doctors gave us. And, that seemed to be the case when they tried to wake her up. They removed the cooling blanket slowly, and a day later weaned her off Fentanyl and Versed (sedatives.) They have short half lives, and clear from the body relatively fast. But, she didn't wake up, even after a couple days. Those were dark times!

At the end of about two days, her eyelids started fluttering, but fluttering is a hopeful expression. The eyelids twitched a few times. A few hours later, they opened, but the eyes were rolled back in her head. After a few more days, she started opening when spoken to. Then, later, the eyes starting focusing. Little by little, but faster all the time, she improved. It was like watching a computer boot!

Now, Katie is about normal, but for weakness and a less than optimal short term memory. Even her short term memory is improving rapidly. A few days ago, we told her good family news every day, and she had forgotten by the next day. 50 First Dates! But, that problem, now, is over. I asked her yesterday who visited during the day, and she listed the visitors. She couldn't have done that a few days before.

The defibrillator/pacemaker will be placed Tuesday, and she will be observed a few days and then discharged. The doctor estimates she will be ready to return to work November 18th!

What hath God wrought?

Last edited:
Outstanding. Congrats to Katie and your family. Those of us with little girls, and the rest of us, can only imagine what you guys are going though. You and yours continue to be in our hearts and prayers. Way to go, Katie.

Top Bottom