What's new

Larry at Whipped dog straights needs some prayers

I know that he helped me in starting my straight shaving life as well as many others. My thoughts and best wishes go out to Larry and his family

Larry, So glad to hear the positive news. That is a true blessing that she was around someone who teaches CPR. I pray that she has a swift recovery.

John

Larry, best wishes with your daughter and her recovery. Its amazing that she was with someone who teaches CPR. I am CPR/AED certified through my work and it is truly amazing to me that it isn't a requirement that EVERYONE be CPR certified. It is easy and it saves lives.

Wow, that man needs a break! Something really good needs to happen in the next year or so.. maybe to win the lotto? I do hope things come out okay, for both him and his loved ones. :crying:
In this case, I would also recommend he check the stairs each time he goes up, watch for loose floor-boards, things like that... his bad things all seem to have people in the hospital. :( Maybe we should send him 1000 cranes, or rabbit feet, or something?
I hope his daughter recovers quickly though, and the rest of his family as well. This has been a rough year for his Whipped Dog Household.

Last edited:
Email from Larry last night(10/6):
Katie has not regained consciousness after more than one day off sedatives. This is very troubling. Some more neurological tests are being performed tonight and tomorrow morning. There will be a family conference with the doctors tomorrow at 3 pm. Your prayers are appreciated always.

As someone who spends a lot of time in hospitals/ICU's I know they aren't the most hospitable place for families. Sounds like you have some good support there. Hoping for the best for your daughter.

Just read this post after some time away, what an unbelievable situation. Larry your family is in my thoughts and prayers.

I am reading the posts here regularly. My emotions are pretty raw, and so don't reply often. Please understand that I am listening, and am touched very much.

For the last day, we have been told that Katie will survive. Almost as good, she will in all likelihood be fine mentally. Undoubtedly, her motor skills will be degraded requiring physical therapy. We can handle that!

Again, I here is the blog...

http://katieandreassen.blogspot.com

I know Im new to this community and to wet shaving in general, but Im human and I can definitly identify with what you have to have been going through recently. I think we are all extatic that she is going to pull through!! I think someone already addressed this, but are there any needs that your family has right now? Did she have insurance? We may not know you very well, but Im sure if we all pitched in we could help offset at least a little bit of the monumentous costs that building up.

My prayers and thoughts are with your daughter, you , and your family. May she have a quick recovery.

WARHAWK

Katie works for Loma Linda university, and has good insurance. Loma Linda medical center is one of the top medical centers in the US, and that med center is about 100 feet from Katie's place of work.

We are blessed.

Top Bottom