What's new

Land Ho! by Captain's Choice: A Review

Thanks to the generosity of Scott at Captain's Choice, I received a bottle of Venture balm as part of the guess the name contest. Along with the prize, he added a small vial of the soon-to-be-released Land Ho! aftershave. I am happy to provide my thoughts after using it..

Land Ho! is a "fougere-like fragrance" as the Captain describes it. My sniffer is not very sophisticated so all I can say is that it is a very clean scent, citrusy at first followed by an earthy smell of fern. It is light and I only get hints of it throughout the day. But that is how I prefer my aftershave anyway. In the end, this is a very nice scent that I look forward to purchasing when it comes out. His Bay Rum and Venture are my favorites, but Land Ho! is right up there with his best scents.

If you are interested in a more thorough scent description check out this link:

Testers Respond

It turns out the Captain will be releasing two versions as a result of tester response, see this link

Land Ho! and Land Ho! Reserve

Scott is a true gentleman & friend of the wet shaving community. His goal is to provide quality to his customers, not just product. Thanks for bringing his new aftershave to our attention. I wish him continued success & good health!

Why isn’t anyone comparing this to an existing fougère fragrance so as to give everyone a better idea of its scent?

Perhaps it’s just completely original. Is it? Or is it similar to an existing fougère?

I just used it tonight. A very interesting scent. A cross between lavender and citrus. Like a lavender with a high note of lime?

Very pleasant scent that I keep wanting to sniff.
I shaved just today with my first try with Land Ho. First thought was, it’s pleasant ok from a scent standpoint. I have opened up that jar 3x and smelled my brush a few times as well. It’s kind of an intoxicating blend and I’m wondering how much Scott has left and how long it lasts?

Top Bottom