What's new

Korres Aftershave Balm at Ross

I picked up a couple tubes of Korres aftershave from Ross last night for $4.99 each. One was a 125ml tube of Saffron Tobacco and the other a 125ml tube of Saffron Spices. I have neither tried nor opened either tube nor used these balms before. However, I did sniff both prior to buying them.

The Saffron Tobacco smells like a good cigar. It should pair well with some of my tobacco and leather scented EDTs.

The Saffron and Spice smells like an aquatic mixed with some a little sandalwood. It has a clean freshly showered scent. It should pair well with some of my more aquatic EDTs.

That said, has anyone tried either one before? If so, what are your thoughts? I found one thread on Korres aftershave balm on B and B, but it was for a different aftershave balm altogether. Still, the reviews of that aftershave balm and the company seemed positive, which encouraged me to buy these two tubes last night.

Attachments

• 11E06436-BFBC-433C-BBDF-9610A170BA7A.jpeg
    11E06436-BFBC-433C-BBDF-9610A170BA7A.jpeg
    5.2 MB · Views: 27
This is probably a silly question, but should the Korres aftershave balm be applied without first applying an aftershave splash?

After completing my shave, my usual practice is to apply an alum block to my face, rinse that off (after it dries), apply an aftershave splash, and (after the aftershave splash dries) then apply an aftershave balm.

Would it be advisable to skip the splash part of my routine with the Korres?

I tried the Korres Saffron and Tobacco Aftershave Balm today. It was nice and went in pretty smoothly. A little goes a long way with this balm (I used about half a dime-sized amount and it may still have been too much). Although alcohol is listed as the third ingredient, there was no alcohol burn whatsoever.

All in all, I'd say this was a good purchase for $5.

I picked up a couple tubes of Korres aftershave from Ross last night for $4.99 each. One was a 125ml tube of Saffron Tobacco and the other a 125ml tube of Saffron Spices. I have neither tried nor opened either tube nor used these balms before. However, I did sniff both prior to buying them.

The Saffron Tobacco smells like a good cigar. It should pair well with some of my tobacco and leather scented EDTs.

The Saffron and Spice smells like an aquatic mixed with some a little sandalwood. It has a clean freshly showered scent. It should pair well with some of my more aquatic EDTs.

That said, has anyone tried either one before? If so, what are your thoughts? I found one thread on Korres aftershave balm on B and B, but it was for a different aftershave balm altogether. Still, the reviews of that aftershave balm and the company seemed positive, which encouraged me to buy these two tubes last night.
I got the Tobacco one last month at Ross too it smells amazing.

This is probably a silly question, but should the Korres aftershave balm be applied without first applying an aftershave splash?

After completing my shave, my usual practice is to apply an alum block to my face, rinse that off (after it dries), apply an aftershave splash, and (after the aftershave splash dries) then apply an aftershave balm.

Would it be advisable to skip the splash part of my routine with the Korres?
I would always use the splash followed by a balm it works wonders in that order and helps to heal the shaved skin faster. The only issue I see with this though is if the splash and balm are two completely different scents then they will clash, But I don't mind. Dollar Tree also has the Power Stick brand after shave balm which is hard to find it appears randomly once a blue moon at the stores, But it smells like peppermint since it's one of the ingredients and it's only one dollar and made in the USA. Good stuff nonetheless.

I got the Tobacco one last month at Ross too it smells amazing.
Yeah, I' loving the tobacco one. It definitely works well with some of my winter fragrances.

However, I also really like the spice one. It reminds me a little of Calvin Klein's Eternity, which I wore in high school. Although I no longer wear Eternity, I think the spice balm will work well with some of my other fragrances.

I would always use the splash followed by a balm it works wonders in that order and helps to heal the shaved skin faster. The only issue I see with this though is if the splash and balm are two completely different scents then they will clash, But I don't mind. Dollar Tree also has the Power Stick brand after shave balm which is hard to find it appears randomly once a blue moon at the stores, But it smells like peppermint since it's one of the ingredients and it's only one dollar and made in the USA. Good stuff nonetheless.
I'm just hesitant to apply a splash with these balms. The second ingredient in both of these balms is alcohol. I'd really not want to apply alcohol on top of alcohol.

For now, I've been applying the balms without any splash (just the alum block) and they've felt great.

Altghough second ingredient is alcohol I think by now you will have seeing that they are not heavy on it.

Korres also has the same fragnances as EDT but the staying power is not their best point (as with all Korres products, they are not heavy on perfume so as to be more skin friendly).

I'm just hesitant to apply a splash with these balms. The second ingredient in both of these balms is alcohol. I'd really not want to apply alcohol on top of alcohol.

For now, I've been applying the balms without any splash (just the alum block) and they've felt great.
You'll be fine even though the balm has alcohol as well, Because it is very light and it has moisturizers such as shea, aloe, jojoba and etc. I shave both my head and face unless I'm growing a beard (a few times a year) and I have never had the splash/balms with alcohol dry my skin out like that. And if it does just apply some lotion.

Top Bottom