What's new

Knockout Razor: details and first shave report.

Thanks to Marcus [MENTION=67066]mjclark[/MENTION] I had a splendid Knockout shave today with a vintage Rubie blade.

$Rubie-Vintage-5pack_2016-12-04.jpg

Marcus explained his first shave with the vintage Rubie thus:
"It's very sharp, very smooth and the edge has that weird 'squeegee' feel to it like a damp cloth wiping a window."
and I must agree.

View attachment 706898

One fabulous shave. Thank you Marcus. :thumbup:

I suspect I might be coming down with the dreaded VAD* any time soon. (* Vintage Acquisition Disorder)

I suspect I might be coming down with the dreaded VAD* any time soon. (* Vintage Acquisition Disorder)
Sadly there is no cure ;-) I am already severely afflicted by two of it's rarer strains, VBAD (Bakelite) and the much rarer VASAD (AutoStrop)

Had a wonderful shave with mine a few days ago. Used a Gillette 7 o'clock SharpEdge blade on its 12th use and got an incredibly smooth DFS in two passes. No touch ups required. Used with a new custom brush.

$SOTDShave2016.12.02.jpg

THREAD RESURRECTION It's a pity so many pics have been lost (since the forum update).

After a massive four month gap I picked up my Knockout yesterday. The shave kind of took me by surprise, I'd just about forgotten how to shave with it! Moving on to today... WOW, what a fabulous shave. I love my Knockout even more than I did before!

upload_2017-6-7_0-17-26.png
:001_wub:

Moving on to today... WOW, what a fabulous shave. I love my Knockout even more than I did before!
Pssst, Philips Philite. Not taking anything away from the Knockout, I love mine too, but the bakelite Philite edges it out <-- see what I did there ;-)

Pssst, Philips Philite. Not taking anything away from the Knockout, I love mine too, but the bakelite Philite edges it out <-- see what I did there ;-)
Basically I'm a minimalist Rudy (although you wouldn't believe it if you saw the stuff I've collected so far
proxy.php
). My current intention is to purchase no more razors ( :001_rolle ) and possibly to pare my current collection down to only the ones that I really really love.

Talking about minimalism, I'm really loving your "more lather post shave" step. It's fabulous, and apart from a couple of minutes it costs zero. You're the man! :thumbsup:

That is one funky looking razor but the grooves that lets lather go through the razor is really neat.

I would love a reasonable razor that lets lather stay longer like proper scallops along the guard and along the head.

Top Bottom