What's new

Klenzo B1053 - a rebranded Rubber(un)set

My Klenzo gave up the ghost. While lathering, caught a whiff of old Rubbersets that have been enclosed in boxes, and started noticing bristles. After the shave, thumbing the bristles down to one side and quickly releasing results in :
WIN_20181224_22_16_03_Pro.jpg

A couple more strums:
WIN_20181224_22_17_27_Pro.jpg

This is a dead brush. This brush is no more! It has ceased to be! It is expired and gone to meet 'is maker! It is floppy! Bereft of backbone, it goes in the trash! If you hadn't re-knotted it, it'd be rotting with the garbage! It's bristles are now abalding! It is loosing it's scrub! THIS IS AN EX-brush!!

Sorry to see that. Is this a vintage brush bought now or have you been using it for long time?

I bought an antique scuttle, with it included several months back. The Red on the base plate had bleed up the white handle, so wasn't very attractive. The fan shape made for a hard splay, and the bristles never split in any amount.
Klenzo B 1053 (2).JPG

I 'll be damned! Rubber to hold a knot... The definition of planned obsolescence... Not to mention that the loft seems too high even for a boar. No wonder it's floppy.

It isn't floppy, wasn't rather. The fan, rather than bulb, shape, made it hard to splay. It was dried on tail, just as my Pro.

Top Bottom