What's new

Klar Kabinett vs Dusy (professional) Kabinett

Thanks. As an atmospheric scientist, I can understand the impacts of Palm oil. However, coconut oil is grown in similar ways, in the same areas. Sorry to hijack this thread...I just thought it was dishonest to switch to coconut oil to appease environmentally conscious customers.

Has anyone else tried this soap? Mine arrived, and after a couple of initial lathers, I am impressed. The scent is much nicer than I imagined it would be. Yes, it is rose, but seems to be a little "fresher" than pure rose. It is not just a rose water smell, but something a tad more interesting. It is a hard soap, not a soft soap. I thought it would be like Cella, for some reason. Nope. It is as hard as DR Harris. This package will last me a long time!

Klar Kab was on the hard side of soft but very very waxy. Like a very hard adhesive putty.

that is it exactly: very very waxy.

But as far as the shaving goes, it is quite good. the slickness it develops is more durable, I can rub against it with my finger longer before wearing it through than I can with most of my soaps.

Used my Klar Kabinett this morning. Know I did not use enough product because the lather was thin and dried out before halfway through the first pass. Nonetheless it remained slick and shaved well!!!

I had some shipped to me in Colorado for something like $35 per 500g, total cost but I ordered 1.5 kilos. I think it is a similar price to most of the soaps I buy, and cheaper than some. comes out to about $7 per 100g, and it is a very hard soap.

To kick up an older thread: I'm surprised that I can't find many more threads about Dusy Kabinett on B&B or somewhere else. Is the Dusy love affair over for most?

It smells great and seemed to generate a nice lather when I gave it a test. But I have not gotten around to shaving with it yet. I bought it in December as a pre-sabbatical "just in case I want to try it in the next year" purchase.

I have I think 2.5 - 3 lbs of real Klar left. I bought at original pricing from good people here at B&B.

I remember when this new Kabinett came out. It is basically the same soap you just pay twice as much as before.

500g used to be $20 or less. I will definately buy more if I ever use up all my Klar though as it is my go to soap.

Just ordered via the eBay link in the first post. Looking forward to this one since I missed the Klar Kabinett when it was discontinued.

So, I have now tried the Dusy Kabinett soap

2x 250g "sticks" of hard soaps arrived from Germany, well packed and safe. The scent is on the lighter side but still there. This is a hard soap and I cut one of the 250g sticks in half and got 125 grams of soap ready. cut it into chunks with a GEM SE blade and pressed the bits into a Mike's Natural Soaps container (Probably one of the best containers on the market).

The soap loads up really easy and makes a nice, slick and very shiny lather. No problems whatsoever.

As I said, the scent is there but not overwhelming. I didn't find the soap especially moisturizing but neither did it dry out my face. I always use aftershave so I doesn't really matter for me. Rinsed of with ease.

This is a good buy, gentlemen.

rockviper

I got moves like Jagger
My KK is a very lightly scented powdery rose. "Delicate" is another way I would describe the scent. Is that somewhat akin to what the Dusy smells like?

Top Bottom