What's new

Kent Shaving Soap?

Great soap! Repackaged Mitchell's Wool Fat. Excellent lather (for me) and the lanolin does wonders for the skin! Like MWF though, some have trouble with the lather.

Another big fan of Kent/MWF, there is a learning curve when it comes to lathering but once you get the hang of it, there will be only one soap in your rotation.

Another big fan of Kent/MWF, there is a learning curve when it comes to lathering but once you get the hang of it, there will be only one soap in your rotation.

+1

I went through trying many, many soaps and at one stage had a rotation of 14 different soaps. Now I have just 4 soaps and MWF gets 90% of use with the other 3 providing the occassional change.

The best soap that I have ever used. It produces a very slick lather and it will leave your face feeling great. Some people have a difficult time lathering it, but I got it down by my second shave with it. du212 did a great lathering tutorial which should be very helpful.

Direct from kentbrushes which is Kent's own eBay store. It's £7.95 including p&p in a wooden bowl.

+1. Great soap, nice wooden bowl. And, if you poke around that eBay store, you'll find some great brushes -- shaving, military-style hair brushes and clothes brushes -- for great prices. Kent calls these brushes "seconds," but my hair brush was perfect as far as I can tell, and the clothes brush I ordered had one tiny rough mark that sanded right down.

+1. Great soap, nice wooden bowl. And, if you poke around that eBay store, you'll find some great brushes -- shaving, military-style hair brushes and clothes brushes -- for great prices. Kent calls these brushes "seconds," but my hair brush was perfect as far as I can tell, and the clothes brush I ordered had one tiny rough mark that sanded right down.

The clothes brushes are superb. I can't say anything about the hair brushes as I shave my head. :wink2:

Top Bottom