What's new

Kanayama Strop Review

Looking around; are there no more of these strops? I see a Lama brand over at JNS, is this the same quality strop as the aforementioned strop?

Looking around; are there no more of these strops? I see a Lama brand over at JNS, is this the same quality strop as the aforementioned strop?

The strop that Maxim at JNS is selling is a 2190, basically the same strop as the 2196 linked below.

http://global.rakuten.com/en/store/nzshinkai/item/1368832/?siteID=je6NUbpObpQ-bqI1b0WKaXEMOb1R0pEQQw

hokahay shows it compared to the Aframestokyo Fine Stars in his post #198 in this thread.
The Fine Stars leather is thicker and comes with a suede second component. The suede is a big selling point for the Fine Stars. The 2190/2196 comes with a linen second component. The stropping feel of the leather is supposed to be the same except for the 2196 being more flexible due to thinner leather. The thinner leather is not supposed to be as durable, but what does that mean.
I just got my Fine Stars to go along with my other Kanayama. I've just used the suede once and I like it but I'm not giving up my linen either.

Takeshi at Aframes says he's ordered 20 more Fine Stars, but who knows when they'll be in and what the price will be.

Kentos

B&B's Dr. Doolittle.
Staff member
I know but sadly I had no control LOL

Email Takeshi at aframestokyo about an ETA on the next batch. It should be in next month some time.

I can't believe I am going to type this, but, "thanks Craig (you too Alfredo)for getting me to buy the Kanayama. I love it!"

THERE I SAID IT! It's done, a weight is lifted. My conscience is cleared ;).

If you can get one I believe it is worth the admission.

Email Takeshi at aframestokyo about an ETA on the next batch. It should be in next month some time.

I can't believe I am going to type this, but, "thanks Craig (you too Alfredo)for getting me to buy the Kanayama. I love it!"

If you can get one I believe it is worth the admission.
Boom-Chikki-Boom-Boom-Baby

Glad you enjoy it, it is awesome.

I have found that spending other people's money is a worthwhile pastime....

Time to launch Phase 2 of my diabolical scheme--

FOR SALE: Kanayama Fine Stars, no longer available, in "like new" condition.

$750

:001_cool:

Time to launch Phase 2 of my diabolical scheme--

FOR SALE: Kanayama Fine Stars, no longer available, in "like new" condition.

$750

:001_cool:

I'm going to do like Goldman Sacs and JPM and make a complimentary adjustment to my net worth based on your current valuation. I'm rich, I tell you, rich! Accounting for fun and profit!

I'm going to do like Goldman Sacs and JPM and make a complimentary adjustment to my net worth based on your current valuation. I'm rich, I tell you, rich! Accounting for fun and profit!

I'm working on a credit default strop...er...swap valuation. Where I also include in my portfolio future earnings based on the possibility of also acquiring the next batch of 20 Fine Stars yet to even be available.

If you would like to get in on the ground floor of this amazing investment opportunity, please PM me to find out where to send your Paypal dollars.

Top Bottom