What's new

Just Took the Mike's Natural/QCS Shave Soap Plunge

Also got a puck of Mystic Waters Irish Traveller today (wasn't expecting that so soon.... very fast shipping).

I'll be interested to hear what you think of this one too. I've been working on a sample every day for a week now. Really amazing lather. Easy on the water while loading, but you can add it in while building lather. Really thick stuff.

Josh

Basically everything on the site appears to be 15% off. You won't see it announced on the homepage, but if you click on any of the products it will show you the discount. I just ordered a bunch of bath soaps and shampoo bars. I already have enough QCS shaving cream for the next year or two.

+1 If you look, they are also offering "gift sets" which include a cream or soap, a preshave and an aftershave. I believe it is cheaper to buy these products as a set if you are interested in their preshaves and aftershave balms (which are fabulous IMO). Yes, no discount code or anything.... just reduced prices.

Ben

I'll be interested to hear what you think of this one too. I've been working on a sample every day for a week now. Really amazing lather. Easy on the water while loading, but you can add it in while building lather. Really thick stuff.

Josh

I've only used the MW Irish Traveller soap once so far. I find it very similar in consistency and performance to the QCS shave soap. After using QCS Fougere this morning I am sold on this brand. The scent is incredible. It performed wonderfully under less than ideal conditions (cold water due to little people taking baths and showers and using up all the hot water). I did sort of a combination of bowl lathering and face lathering.... it took a little bit of work but I got slick and cushiony lather. I agree that I think QCS soaps are similar to MW in the sense that you do not want to overload your brush with water while loading.... but you do want to add water a little at a time as you are building your lather.... either in the bowl or on the face. They are softer soaps.... not hard triple milled soaps.... and therefore don't need a ton of water while loading. So far, I'm very please with the performance and really the only question with QCS for me is "what scents do I get full size pucks of?" I think Fougere is one I will have to get someday.... but I'm going to try and show a little restraint while I am trying out all of the samples I have from QCS, Mike's and MW. Show a little restraint... what a novel idea. :blink:

Ben

Just did up a test lather of Mike's Pine and Cedarwood soap. Exact same method as I did last night for the QCS Fougere soap. Pretty much the same results with a different scent. Granted now.... I'm picking the scents from my samples to test lather based on what I think would appeal to me the most.... but this scent is a homerun as well. Follow a shave with this soap up with a little Pino Sylvestre AS splash and some Penhaligon's Opus 1870 cologne. The only difference I got in the lather from the QCS soap was that I didn't get quite so much.... but then again I may not have loaded my brush quite as long. Mike's samples are a little easier to test out since they come as a fairly flat bar of soap rather than a chunky little wedge like the QCS samples.... but that's really insignificant.... and it helps that they're different so that identifying the samples is easier at a glance. Time will tell as I use Mike's more.... but so far it's looking good.

Ben

Top Bottom