What's new

Just ordered Eufros Rosa Bourbon and Gea!

I own and have owned a lot of different Eufros soaps:

Tallow

Brisa Oriente (used up)
Fougere (one almost gone, new one in the den waiting)
Cronos (half used)
Zanzibar (used up)

Vegan

Gea(half used up)
Tierra Humeda (half used up)

In my opinion, Manuel's tallow soaps are the best soaps on the market. They lather fast, they lather smooth and full, and I routinely get the closest and irritation free shaves for me.

His vegan soaps are also amazing but not as good performance wise as the tallow soaps. Not quite as slick, not quite as good a post shave and not quite as protective. But Gea and Tierra Humeda are fantastic scents. If you want to go with vegan soaps, I think the performance of GD is better, but Manuel's scents are better than GD's.

As the scents go...I find the spice and floral scents too sweet. Brisa and Zanzibar definitely were...the more green and citrus, the better I like his scents and the manlier they tend to be.

Overall, one can't go wrong performance wise, but you may need to dial into a scent range you enjoy.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
Thank you @steffenapelz, that is exactly what I've heard about Eufros before on this forum and somewhere else, that his tallow's perform better than the vegan. Now if you don't mind me asking you this, which one of his tallow soaps have the lightest scent? I avoid strongly-scented soaps at all costs!

Thank you @steffenapelz, that is exactly what I've heard about Eufros before on this forum and somewhere else, that his tallow's perform better than the vegan. Now if you don't mind me asking you this, which one of his tallow soaps have the lightest scent? I avoid strongly-scented soaps at all costs!
I have tried the ones I own(ed) and several samples (tobacco, Rosa Bourbon, Dama de Noche, Sandalwood etc) and I think that Fougere and Cronos are the two lightest and most agreeable scents in his Tallow line.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Thank you @steffenapelz, I'll look into his tallow Cronos then, I so much wanted to buy GEA, but at the end of the day it is the actual performance of the soap that matters the most to me.

My favorite scents are (in order):

Gea
Fougere
Tierra Humeda
Cronos

Gea smells like spicy citrus with precious wood. Fougere is a green fern, precious wood, damp earth scent. Tierra Humeda is a slightly smoky vetiver scent. Cronos is a green tea with honey and thyme scent.

All of Manuel's scents feel very natural. Not perfumed like GD and WK for example. They are all pretty "raw" but because they are not perfumed, they are very easily paired with EdTs.

I pair as follows:

Gea --> Floris Special 127 / Floris 89 / Penhaligon Castille
Fougere --> Floris 89 / Floris Santal / Penhaligon Castille / Pengaligon Blenheim Bouquet
Tierra Humeda --> Penhaligon Blenheim Bouquet / Floris Santal
Cronos --> Floris Special 127 / Floris 89 / Penhaligon Castille / Pengaligon Blenheim Bouquet
Zanzibar / Brisa Oriente --> Floris 89 / Floris Santal

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
@steffenapelz Thank you for the wonderful in depth break down! Happy Easter and Happy Shaving!

@discerningbev you are going to love Lime/Spices!!! It is one of my favorite summer scents.

The Fougere to me is unlike any other. I would not call it a green scent like B&M Fern. It is very fresh with a spice/mint tinge to it. I love the stuff.

I have tried a sample of Cronos and it reminds me very much of Blenheim Bouquet with citrus upfront followed by a peppery base note.

I would whole heartedly agree with @steffenapelz that the Eufros scents are some of the best around.

Here’s the deal....

- BASIC SOAPS :
14,20 € / soap

- Citrus

- Roses

- SOAPS PREMIUM LINE : New Premium Line : Soaps vegetal and tallow beef with the highest quality components, such as jojoba oil, linseed, rhassoul and essential oils unusual quality, for a delicious experience of shaving.

- VEGETAL :

- Gea : 20 € / soap (bergamot, lavender, cedar, neroli...)

- TALLOW :

- Tobacco:: 20 € / soap

- Fougère: 20 € / soap

- Ylang Ylang : 24 € / soap(ylang, myrrh, jasmine…)

- Dama de Noche: 20 € / soap (flowers)

- Rosa Bourbon : 34 € / soap

- East Breeze : 24 € / soap (myrrh, cardamom, vanilla..)

- Lima-Spices: 20 € / soap, intense menthol

- Zanzíbar: 20 € / soapMyrr, vanilla, patchouli, grapefruit… NEW

- Cronos:24 € / soap Chamomile, rosewood, green tea, honey... NEW

- Wet Earth : 22 € / soap Vetiver mixture

Shipping costs are:

- Europe: 10,15 euros by registered mail up to 500g (two units). Up to 1000g (three-four) costs 16,55 euros.

- Rest of the world: 13,75 euros by registered mail up to 500g (two units). Up to 1000g (three-four) costs 24,85 euros.

With every purchase land include some small sample of other soap. He sends you what he has available

Payment can be made by bank transfer or paypal in [email protected]

Note....1€ = US$1.23

Last edited:
you are going to love Lime/Spices!!! It is one of my favorite summer scents.

I have tried a sample of Cronos and it reminds me very much of Blenheim Bouquet with citrus upfront followed by a peppery base note..

Interesting take...the maker says Lime is an “intense” menthol and Cronos is Chamomile, rosewood, green tea, honey.

I just emailed with Manuel. He is out of Rosa Bourbon shave soap as he wants/needs to make a change to the ingredients.

Here is is email reply as to when it will be in stock again, obviously through a translator:

"I am looking for an alternative to essential oil, it was of good quality. I find it, I have tried several but I do not like it, I keep looking and therefore I can not say when"

I just emailed with Manuel. He is out of Rosa Bourbon shave soap as he wants/needs to make a change to the ingredients.

Here is is email reply as to when it will be in stock again, obviously through a translator:

"I am looking for an alternative to essential oil, it was of good quality. I find it, I have tried several but I do not like it, I keep looking and therefore I can not say when"

I assume he is looking for a new supplier of essential oil....NOT doing away with EO as an ingredient...

I assume he is looking for a new supplier of essential oil....NOT doing away with EO as an ingredient...
I am certain you are correct. Manuel is exacting in his standards. If he can't get the soap to be a certain quality he would rather not make it. One of the reasons I love his products. No compromise on quality.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I guess Manuel never found a suitable replacement essential oil for the Rosa Bourbon s it seems to be extinct and all discussion of it was pre-Pandemic. Sucks to discover a dodo that’s been gone for ages and I guess the same fate for Soap Commaders Love. Stirling wrote me back that this Rose soap was discontinued years ago

That's too bad! I've heard Manuel's Rosa Bourbon was excellent. I never got a chance to buy it.
I still have Soap Commander Love.
Mike's Natural Soaps has a rose centric soap. Mystic Water Yellow Rose is good, too.

I guess Manuel never found a suitable replacement essential oil for the Rosa Bourbon s it seems to be extinct and all discussion of it was pre-Pandemic. Sucks to discover a dodo that’s been gone for ages and I guess the same fate for Soap Commaders Love. Stirling wrote me back that this Rose soap was discontinued years ago
Ethos released their Rosa line today. It's supposed to be a pure, natural rose. I understand it's going pretty quickly.

That's too bad! I've heard Manuel's Rosa Bourbon was excellent. I never got a chance to buy it.
I still have Soap Commander Love.
Mike's Natural Soaps has a rose centric soap. Mystic Water Yellow Rose is good, too.
Just bought a few rose soaps from Mystic Waters (Yellow Rose, Sandalwood Rose and Rosalimone) today and recently purchased the Mikes Natural Soaps - Rose & Cedarwood. Love the Mike’s Natural Soap

Top Bottom