What's new

Just Braggin'

You know, sometimes you just have a shave that you feel the need to brag about. I had 2 in a row this week.

The first was night before last. Things didn't start off so great, I started with my scalp. I lathered up with some headlube and I broke out the headblade with a new sensor cartridge on it, and it just wasn't working... so I pulled out my trusty superspeed with an old blade in it and finished the job. It was okay, but it took forever. Then I moved on to my face. Wow! Lathered up with my homemade soap (an old spice type scent). I used my slim adjustable with a wilkinson sword blade... started out at 9 (I was feeling aggressive) and did a wtg. Dropped to 2 for against the grain, and then finished everything off with a few splashes of Old Spice. BBS

Then, last night...

I started off with my scalp again. Headlube. Started with the SS. Man was that miserable... I just couldn't make a go at all, I had a striped head and my arms got tired. After 20 minutes I was beginning to regret starting. I finally hit a finishing touch-up with the headblade, not that it did any good (man, I gotta get some more atra blades for that thing). Next, I moved on to my face.

I lathered up with my homemade stuff again, gosh, I love how it turned out. Started out at 7 and finished with a 1. Shave was fast, smooth, and effective. I couldn't believe the contrast between the quality of shaves. I dunno, I guess I just wasn't "on my game" for the bean this week, but boy my cheeks and neck seem to be loving this warmer weather.

I know this was a long/pointless post, but I just had to share with somebody and you guys are the only ones that won't look at me like I've got a fourth nipple.

You know, sometimes you just have a shave that you feel the need to brag about. I had 2 in a row this week.

The first was night before last. Things didn't start off so great, I started with my scalp. I lathered up with some headlube and I broke out the headblade with a new sensor cartridge on it, and it just wasn't working... so I pulled out my trusty superspeed with an old blade in it and finished the job. It was okay, but it took forever. Then I moved on to my face. Wow! Lathered up with my homemade soap (an old spice type scent). I used my slim adjustable with a wilkinson sword blade... started out at 9 (I was feeling aggressive) and did a wtg. Dropped to 2 for against the grain, and then finished everything off with a few splashes of Old Spice. BBS

Then, last night...

I started off with my scalp again. Headlube. Started with the SS. Man was that miserable... I just couldn't make a go at all, I had a striped head and my arms got tired. After 20 minutes I was beginning to regret starting. I finally hit a finishing touch-up with the headblade, not that it did any good (man, I gotta get some more atra blades for that thing). Next, I moved on to my face.

I lathered up with my homemade stuff again, gosh, I love how it turned out. Started out at 7 and finished with a 1. Shave was fast, smooth, and effective. I couldn't believe the contrast between the quality of shaves. I dunno, I guess I just wasn't "on my game" for the bean this week, but boy my cheeks and neck seem to be loving this warmer weather.

I know this was a long/pointless post, but I just had to share with somebody and you guys are the only ones that won't look at me like I've got a fourth nipple.

No, that's reserved for a later Bond film: The Man with Two Golden Guns

I guess the only question is
When do the samples of this homemade soap go out? :w00t:

Right now it's an experimental soap. It's a hideous mud-green color and doesn't really lather up as fluffy as some might hope, but I like it. I don't think it's anywhere near ready for production. To borrow a quote from Hunter S. Thompson:

"There he goes, one
of God's own prototypes. A high-powered
mutant of some kind, never even considered
for mass production. Too weird to live, and
too rare to die."

That pretty much sums up any of the Uncle Albert's Amazing line of soaps. No two pucks are exactly alike.

Top Bottom