What's new

Jeans and a tie?

Pretty much the opposite of Brodirt's post in this thread. That's the only correct answer. :tongue:

If you wear a tie with jeans, then Boyz II Men from the early 90's called. They want their clothes back.

proxy.php

Last edited:
I just cracked open the latest Washingtonian magazine. Article name is "Turning Heads, 18 Best-Dressed . . . ." Page 56, jeans and a tie. Looks absolutely outstanding.

I think part of the issue is that, I think, in the old days, people used to wear ties all the time, not just in what we think of now as dressy situations. That is, the delivery guy might wear a tie. A guy might wear a tie and not a suit to shot pool, or to go down to the bar for a pint. I suppose even to do some yard work, or go for a bicysle ride.

Even today, there is no reason for a tie to always be uber dressed up. Turns out a tie can look great with jeans. My initial skepticism was wrong!

Last edited:
No tie with jeans.BTW here its concidered to be an american way of dressing, thanks to Hollywood probably.But if the jeans look like pants, doubleblack 550 Levi's for example, it was done by me sometimes, when one jerk boss insisted on wearing suit everyday and i didnt feel like wearing suit pants everyday:001_rolle

Top Bottom