What's new

Jay21's Journey Journal

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
This was a fun BOSC expedition inspired by @thombrogan.

Shooting Star GIF

This is what the joke should have been. Stupid HTML.

View attachment 1846835
It has been so long since I have done derivatives, integrals and solve differential equations. Once you are out of school it rarely happens even if you are in the engineering field. At least that has been my experience. For me in electrical engineering it is mostly about what happens at steady state and the math for that is pretty straight forward. Now if you deal with transient behavior that is where you get into the more complicated math. Simulators and such have gotten so good that I really do not use a lot of math anymore.

Jay21

Collecting wife bonus parts
It has been so long since I have done derivatives, integrals and solve differential equations. Once you are out of school it rarely happens even if you are in the engineering field. At least that has been my experience. For me in electrical engineering it is mostly about what happens at steady state and the math for that is pretty straight forward. Now if you deal with transient behavior that is where you get into the more complicated math. Simulators and such have gotten so good that I really do not use a lot of math anymore.
I use derivatives at times to analyze time series data. But it's really the computer that does it now and I just have to know what a derivative is in the first place.

I use derivatives at times to analyze time series data. But it's really the computer that does it now and I just have to know what a derivative is in the first place.
Sometimes it is shocking to find an old college math paper that you wrote and read through it and think. "I do not understand a lick of this. I must have been pretty smart back then". That has happened to me many times.

thombrogan

Lounging On The Isle Of Tugsley.
No one has ever been hurt by an good old integral! You better watch it I might put on my integral helmet.

Are you sure about that?

IMG_1503.gif

Well, @Jay21 , like in every waking moment, I got the GC v Lupo wrong, but at least I got it wrong in a way that might help a correct answer be described.

Both razors are happy clampers, but there’s more to imbuing a wafer-thin strip of martensitic steel with rigidity, or, at least, mute its tendency to be a flap-happy wisp of an alloy. I believe most users both find the Lupo more effective and most users use a neutral or steep angle. Pure speculation on my part.

Does the rounder curve help when the safety bar or comb ain’t touching skin? Is it the shape of the cap more significant in this effect? Is it a case of esthetics guiding the user’s image of the razor and how s/he believes it ought to be used driving the results?

I don’t rightly know.

Eric_75

Not made for these times.
Today’s haul:

View attachment 1846838

Tacky Walmart Stetson inspired by @blethenstrom. I put on a balm afterwards so it shouldn’t have any effect. And I love the smell.
Jay, did they have the regular Stetson at your Walmart? I don't see it on many shelves these days. I ordered my last bottle online. I haven't used it in some time. I need to revisit it soon.

Perhaps my local Walgreens or CVS has it.

Top Bottom