What's new

Jack the Barber budget brush

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
89367403-6593-4CBC-9BD8-09893B3FEAD3.jpeg

640C9052-F62D-4EF6-8963-6F2588A92272.jpeg

Today I picked up a brush at the local supermarket here in Melbourne Australia. Recently I have switched from a straight shaver to a safety razor. This also presented me the opportunity to change from my trusty badger brush and look at trying some new synthetic brushes.

I was surprised to find any wet shaving equipment at the local supermarket. The brush I found goes under the brand of Jack the Barber. It was priced at the exorbitant amount of $7.50 aud ($5.90 usd). I couldn’t go past such an opportunity.

Getting home I unboxed the new item and gave it a test. I was pleasantly surprised with the result. Using Geo. F. Trumper Eucris soap I lathered up. I have found this soap not always the easiest soap to work with but no problems for this budget offering.

On the face it was not as soft as my two Yaqi synthetic brush however it was soft enough. The brush had a good backbone and in all was pleasant to use. Like my Yaqi brushes it has is made in China. Not a bad pick up for $7.50. It would be great for someone getting into wet shaving for the first time.

ajkel64

Check Out Chick
Staff member
They are a good brush for the price. If have a look through The Great Southern Land forum I mentioned them when they first hit the shelves where I work. Next time the Jack The Barber Sandalwood Shaving Cream is on special give it a whirl. It is pretty good too.

Lefonque

Even more clueless than you
They are a good brush for the price. If have a look through The Great Southern Land forum I mentioned them when they first hit the shelves where I work. Next time the Jack The Barber Sandalwood Shaving Cream is on special give it a whirl. It is pretty good too.
I give it a whirl, many thanks.

Next time the Jack The Barber Sandalwood Shaving Cream is on special give it a whirl. It is pretty good too.
It is really good stuff. Nice scent.

It strangely seems to be available quite often in Canadian Marshall’s and Winners stores. Inexpensive at $5-7CAD (AUD$ is about the same) a tub.

Top Bottom