What's new

It's that time again - In memory

Ok gents. In this post we remember shaving soaps/creams/aftershaves we got to the bottom of this year. Full or travel sizes, not samples. And did you, will you, repurchase?

CBL Christmas Memories - no longer in production, but have ordered from CBL since
TFS Agrumella - nope but good stuff
T&H Grafton creme - tempting but no
Wickham's Club Cola AS Balm gel - no, but would jump at a splash
Wholly Kaw James Town Gentleman AS - Someone put one in a swap bin so I have a back up

I think, 1 stick of Arko. I know I finished a tin of Grave Before Shave beard balm. Oh, pretty sure a bottle of Clubman.

Arko - No (I have a case of 12 only missing 2 or 3 so no need)
Grave Before Shave BB - No (trying out Honest Amish and liking it much better)
Clubman AS - Yes, already have another bottle (Well duh, cannot run out of clubman!)
Nor'easter AS - Yes, it was a sample and I have another sample (soon to be a full size as it is GREAT STUFF)
Clubman Hair Tonic - Probably not (made my hair feel great but had 0 hold)
Clubman Shampoo - Probably not (I liked it ok but it was fairly spendy for shampoo to me and I want to try a shampoo bar)

Owen Bawn

Garden party cupcake scented
I may soon finish an Arko stick I began using for Arko-Sharko August of this year, though it may last until January. I started using all the following items before 2020, but in 2020 I finished them: a puck of Williams, a Palmolive soap stick, a Wilkinson Sword soap stick, a tin of Simpsons Luxury Unscented cream, a tub of Proraso green soap, a 400ml jug of Floid Blue (likely the last one I'll ever see), a 400ml jug of Proraso green, and two hard boiled eggs.

Jumping into the wayback machine for Mickey Lee Soapworks "La Fee Verte." They only made one run of this scent (I believe) and of course, MLSW is sadly no longer in business. This was one of, if not the, first artisan soap I ever bought. It had a great spicy scent.

Hmm. A chunk of Cella, a tube of AdP cream, Palmolive stick and a palmolive tube, Proraso green and red aftershave splashes, a tub of Figaro gold, a pot of wholly kaw fougere. That's what i can remember though I believe there may be more. Having just finished the Figaro yesterday, I am going to knock out a nearly finished tub of Mystic Water cuppa joe which should take me through a week, and the start on a tube of Barbon cream or a puck of Haslinger.

Hmm. A chunk of Cella, a tube of AdP cream, Palmolive stick and a palmolive tube, Proraso green and red aftershave splashes, a tub of Figaro gold, a pot of wholly kaw fougere. That's what i can remember though I believe there may be more. Having just finished the Figaro yesterday, I am going to knock out a nearly finished tub of Mystic Water cuppa joe which should take me through a week, and the start on a tube of Barbon cream or a puck of Haslinger.

As for reacquiring, I will not be reacquiring any of these as I am working through everything Ihave. I would not buy the Figaro again. Mediocre at best, but not as good as Proraso, Cella or numerous other soft italian soaps.

Great question!

For me, Haslinger’s schafmilch (wish I could get a few more of the old ‘tallow’) and Fine American blend. :a29: :a29:

1 tube Trader Joe’s. 2 tubes Gillette Pure, 1 VDH deluxe. All good performance and value. I do not need more soap/cream at the moment so no plans to replace these. However, I expect I might buy Pure again if it’s still available in stores when I need to buy more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just got back into wet shaving this summer after a long haitus and stocked up like crazy.

I finally am about to call my first puck of the year toast. Stirling Arkadia will be finished today. I will replace it but not immediately as I have dozens of other soaps to get thru.

Soaps
Chiseled Face Ghost Town Barber and Sherlock, both already replaced.
Razorock Al Sapone although I really liked it, I have other RR products to use up
CBL Clubman replaced with PAA Clubguy
Col Conk Bay Rum--have 4 other new Col Conk pucks of different scents waiting to take its place.

Aftershave
I used up a modern Clubman, but I have a new one ready to go plus still some vintage Clubman left.

I'm on the verge of finishing up a 6 year old Park Avenue Shave Cream tube.
I've quit wet shaving two times in these past 6 years, and somehow it survived.
I found this tube in the nameless box and have since used it twice.
It performs as good as new, and I'll use it till it dies, the old soldier deserve an honorable retirement.

I will not be purchasing it again.
I'm afraid of looking into other old boxes, who knows what'll pop up.

I actually downed quite a few this year:
  • 8 oz. tin of Synergy The Beach. Won't replace this, as it's no longer available. I could see myself getting the new CK-6 version at some point down the line.
  • Puck of Mama Bear Dublin Tweed. Won't replace this one. Heavy glycerin soaps make my skin break out. Great scent profile, though.
  • Tabac Cream. Won't replace this one. I prefer soaps, and I have a half puck of Tabac grated together with some MWF and Haslinger Schafmilch, and another half puck by itself.
  • Travel Tin of Through the Fire Fine Crafts Ember. Won't replace this one. I enjoy the scent, but the performance is just so-so for me.
  • Huntlee Super Smooth (aka Wickham) Spice Trade. Won't replace this one. Scent was ok, not the best, and performance is just ok as well.
  • I'm currently working my way through a refill puck of Stirling Executive Man that started to lose it's scent a bit. I may knock that one out before the year's over.

Lisa's Naturals, a couple shaves left but I rotate through about 40 soaps so it's slow going.
Won't replace as I can't get it to lather worth a darn, worst lathering out of all my soaps but
I get a good shave with it as frustrating as it is. I have hard water but don't have such an issue
with other soaps.

I actually downed quite a few this year:
  • 8 oz. tin of Synergy The Beach. Won't replace this, as it's no longer available. I could see myself getting the new CK-6 version at some point down the line.
It's now Phoenix Artisan Accompanyments The Beach.

Fully finished AoS / Cream .. Castle Forbes Croap / AoS Soap. Of these I did repurchase the Castle Forbes Soap

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
At the end of August I realised that i had turned into a hoarder (I had 19 soaps and creams) and had to do something about it so since September I have been killing off some of my stock

1) A tube of Proraso red, I have a tub of Prorasso red
2) A tube of Proraso green, I already have a tub of Prorasso green
3) A tube of Palmolive sensitive, not replaced
4) A Palmolive stick not replaced, I prefer the cream which I also have

I have also killed 1 A/S, 2 A/S balms, 2 moisturisers, 3 face washes and a bottle of rosewater

Top Bottom