What's new

Island shave

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
You’re stranded on an island. Luckily your checked bag with your Dopp kit has washed ashore. What’s in your Dopp kit?
Did you fly?? Then you probably have no DE or SE blades....think about a cartridge razor.
If you came by car or with ship/boat (that sank) then you are lucky and have blades.
My Kit in the latter case would be:

Timeless Ti 0.68, Feather blades
Grooming Department lavender soap (Aion or Kairos SE)
ABC Apricot balm
RV Shaving brush

As it happens I'm currently travelling and in my dopp kit are the following articles:

Bristle toothbrush
Colgate toothpaste
Kent comb
A small jar of Morgan's Hair Cream
Geo F Trumper Spanish Leather shampoo
A small mirror with suction cup
Omega 11047 Mixed Midget (aka Scritchy Bastard)
Plastic cup for soaking above mentioned Scritchy Bastard
A tub of Proraso Green
Merkur 42C
1x Kai blade
Proraso Red aftershave

The above would more than satisfy me in the event of a desert island scenario :)

From a survivalist standpoint, I'd want a GEM razor. The blades would still be useful cutting tools after they were no longer sharp enough for shaving.

Large block of alum, as it would be useful as an antiseptic for general use on infections and cuts. That and even a cheap aftershave balm like Afta for the same reason.

High alcohol content aftershave would be used as an accelerant for starting fires.

Did you fly?? Then you probably have no DE or SE blades....think about a cartridge razor.
If you came by car or with ship/boat (that sank) then you are lucky and have blades.

ABC Apricot balm
RV Shaving brush

Rudy, man, don't tell me you're still flying commercial.

whatever the resort has in its bathrooms ;) hahahaah

I used to live on Lanai on the beach for 6 months (up in town before that) and would just go to the resort as they had yellow single-blade razors out in mass for guests :)
so my actual experience was that

my checked bag would be empty of blades sadly :(
so I would have a timeless .68 ti with no blades
some noble otter soap
RV brush

I could do the pretend shaving like when I was 7 though :)

ABC Apricot balm
RV Shaving brush
Wait, no blades in checked bags too? I thought only carry on?

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
Wait, no blades in checked bags too? I thought only carry on?
I guess I was not thinking about a checked bag.....if your plane crashes in the middle of the ocean, one might be very lucky just to hold on to your carry-on. I always had my wash bag in the carry-on...

my luck would be like castaway and when stuff washes up on shore I get Rudys carry on and still no blades :) but I have a backup razor and brush same as mine :) hahahahaha
or he would find mine and have the same but no blades :)

or we both find a check on with an electric that has no charge

Top Bottom