What's new

ISAIAS Storm

How is everyone on the east coast faring? I guess most of Florida didn't get hit too bad. I haven't seen any disaster news from SC or NC yet. The center is currently around Allentown PA. West NJ and east PA have been drenched with more than 5"+ of rain so far today. I'm on the east side of the storm. We're getting stronger winds, but less rain (1.5"). Power is occasionally blinking on and off, and I'm glad to have UPS battery backups for computers & router. I learned the hard way when a surge fried a motherboard about 6 years ago. Before I rebuilt it, the first thing I ordered were battery backups. Lifesavers.

Here is Northern Virginia I lost power for a couple of hours. Gave me an excuse to miss a couple of conference calls and not work for a while, so I read a Harry Bosch book on phone. Power is back and work awaits

We got clipped, 4-6 inches of rain and some wind. A scant 75 miles east got hammered. A tornado spawned from it moved a lady's house 40 feet.

Pretty weak here on Cape Cod. Think we just got the edge of it. Windy for a couple of hours and then some rain.
No damage here.

Top Bottom