What's new

Is this a little misleading?

Wrong case, not an adjustable, nice razor though but. Overpriced unless its just poor pictures, doesn't look "minty" to me

No need to report it, he's already put large red text in the ad saying it may not be as advertised, and one of the questions clarifys it's not an adjustable. That's a Fat Boy case (edited out the rest).

ETA: And BTW, you selling or not is not the only reason for a rule against linking. You've just pointed out a razor that others here may have been watching, hoping it would go under the radar. Many more potential bidders now (I wouldn't have even responded to bump your post, but you had a reply just minutes before my post :wink:).

Last edited:
Wrong case, not an adjustable, nice razor though but. Overpriced unless its just poor pictures, doesn't look "minty" to me

I don't know, if the razor is what I think it is, it may not be overpriced at the moment at all.

At least the seller did answer the question about it not being adjustable which is more than some do as another item for sale on the bay is advertised as "fatboy for sale" but its a slim adjustable and someone picked this up and wrote to the seller who replied "yes i think your right but i still think this is a fatboy but not 100% sure" :em2100:

I don't know, if the razor is what I think it is, it may not be overpriced at the moment at all.

I think you and I are on the same thought, and I agree. {edited out} ( I am NOT bidding). I also hate auctions with "private- bidders protected", though I doubt this guy has a shill going (or he wouldn't have been so honest with his correction), but you can't even see how many bidders comprise the current 10 bids.

ETA: Actually, I was wrong. I had it as a very similar "other" model. pcullens straightened me out on that one... wonder if you were thinking as I? Probably not... :biggrin:

Last edited:
Reported to ebay so hopefully it will get pulled!

I don't think there's any reason for it be pulled. I can't see how it violates any eBay rules. It's a vintage item and the seller is unknowledgeable. We can't all be experts in everything and to be mislead about an antique item is not fraud. This is an area where it falls to the buyer to know what they are purchasing.

not supposed to link to live auctions.....

+1 The reason this is a policy at Badger and Blade is 1. to not provide free advertising to auctioneers on one of the largest shaving forums on the net.
and 2. keep the price realistic if one of our fellow brothers happens to be bidding.

I'm not selling it but I just wanted to get the nod from the guys here before I go ahead and report it to ebay! :biggrin:

not reportable, from what I see...

and now you've got these WOLVES ON B&B turned on to an auction they might have otherwise have missed!!!!!!

:mad3: darn you to heck.

[kidding - don't MOD me!!!!!! PLEASE DON'T MOD ME!!! nooooooOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO]

+1 The reason this is a policy at Badger and Blade is 1. to not provide free advertising to auctioneers on one of the largest shaving forums on the net.
and 2. keep the price realistic if one of our fellow brothers happens to be bidding.

Okay so it seems I have unwittingly broken a rule. Perhaps the gentlemanly thing to do would have been to PM me about it and I would have found a mod to pull it instantly. we are all human and we will make mistakes it's what we do about them and as a result of them that's important. Conversly I may have just alerted a brother who may have missed it. Nothing is ever black and white in life, love or shaving. :rolleyes:

Okay so it seems I have unwittingly broken a rule. Perhaps the gentlemanly thing to do would have been to PM me about it and I would have found a mod to pull it instantly. we are all human and we will make mistakes it's what we do about them and as a result of them that's important. Conversly I may have just alerted a brother who may have missed it. Nothing is ever black and white in life, love or shaving. :rolleyes:

hey - it's ok... really.

(...I already have one of these!)

Peace, brothers.

Top Bottom