What's new

Is it too early for Halloween Decorations? Naw!

Halloween? It's not even October yet? And still, I see Christmas stuff in the stores already. While I usually don't promote putting up decorations until it is the appropriate period, I make the exception for Halloween.

My wife loves Halloween! It is probably one of the only (commercialized) holidays that doesn't stress her (and in turn, me) out. It always brings a smile to her face. And after the year we had in 2016, I say...throw them up. Plus the kids in the neighborhood love them. Additionally, decorating the house in fall decorations is really a prayer or wish that cooler weather would just hurry up. I live in the wrong state to hate heat! :001_huh:

So let's see them...show us pictures of your indoor or outdoor decorations. I will be posting mine shortly. Or just talk about what you are doing for the holiday, how you will spend it with your kids, etc.

Just one rule...ABSOLUTELY NO NEGATIVITY!

I only have one piece of shave-related Halloween gear:
s-l1600-3.jpg

My neighbors likely won't see it.

Intrigued

Bigfoot & Bagel aficionado.
This sits on my kitchen counter, year around, next to the coffee pot. It stirs the brew that is necessary... :a51:

IMG_3445.jpg

Halloween? It's not even October yet? And still, I see Christmas stuff in the stores already. While I usually don't promote putting up decorations until it is the appropriate period, I make the exception for Halloween.

My wife loves Halloween! It is probably one of the only (commercialized) holidays that doesn't stress her (and in turn, me) out. It always brings a smile to her face. And after the year we had in 2016, I say...throw them up. Plus the kids in the neighborhood love them. Additionally, decorating the house in fall decorations is really a prayer or wish that cooler weather would just hurry up. I live in the wrong state to hate heat! :001_huh:

So let's see them...show us pictures of your indoor or outdoor decorations. I will be posting mine shortly. Or just talk about what you are doing for the holiday, how you will spend it with your kids, etc.

Just one rule...ABSOLUTELY NO NEGATIVITY!
Don- be sure and hang up 4 or 5 Alabama jerseys. That will scare all the little LSU children.

As promised...it's not a great picture but it will do. The wife has a ton of mums that haven't opened up yet, but when they do...they sure will be purty.

Halloween Decorations.jpg

Those motion-activated animatronic-type ghoul robot thingys on display in the middle of September (looking at you, Costco), that let off bloodcurdling screams and howls whenever people walk by. The fear factor is pretty much tapped out for innocent passersby and trick or treaters come October 31st.
Gimme some cardboard and a thick magic marker and I'll whip up some torn from the pages of the newspaper gravestones. Last year I had horrifying memorials to Hillary's campaign and Juthtin Trudeau's prime ministerial career. The parents accompanying the smallfry actually come up the driveway to get a better look, and their reaction to my trenchant commentary affects how much candy their kid gets. This year I think gravestones for the NFL and Kim Jung Un (aka, Whoa Fat) will get special treatment on the pathway to my front door.

Toothpick

Needs milk and a bidet!
Staff member
House looks great Don!!

I live out in the sticks now so probably won't decorate much. Hang some ghost lights and whatnot. Last year was pretty fun. We put up many decorations and on Halloween I played spooky music while the trick or treaters came around.

Halloween and Christmas are it for decorations for me. I wouldn't mind decking the house out but I live with others that are blasé about it. And even though he doesn't pay the bill I'd have to hear my brother remark "You're wasting a ton of electricity" every time he sees it.

Top Bottom