What's new

is B&M Seville very close to Acqua di Parma scent?

Wondering if Seville's scent is similar to the profile of Acqua di Parma Colonia (the classic one). AdP soap is incredibly expensive, so have not tried it, but enjoy many of the clones (at least in terms of scent).

If any of you happen to know, could you let me know on a rough scale of 1-10 how close Seville is to the basic scent, or clones thereof with which you might be familiar? (Razorock Gold, XXX, and so forth).

Much appreciated!

(P.S. I couldn't find any discussion of this elsewhere)

Acqua di Parma is more of a lemon citrus scent with woody basenotes. IMHO, it doesn't translate too well to soap, but you can get something fairly compatible in a soap scent.

As others have said, not even close. Seville doesn't have the bright clarity that AdP colonia has. Its more of a mossy, herbacious lemon scent where the lemon is more gourmand than cologny. Where AdP goes perhaps more aquatic, seville is much more on the fougere side imo.

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I have some AdP-clone artisan aftershave, so thought the Seville soap might have paired well. I may try it out anyhow since it sounds quite nice regardless. It was the description of Seville as having the usual citrus, lavender, rosemary, oakmoss, etc. profile that had led me to suspect the similarity, especially since B&M has so many other clones of classics. 🍻

Thanks to everyone for the replies. I have some AdP-clone artisan aftershave, so thought the Seville soap might have paired well. I may try it out anyhow since it sounds quite nice regardless. It was the description of Seville as having the usual citrus, lavender, rosemary, oakmoss, etc. profile that had led me to suspect the similarity, especially since B&M has so many other clones of classics. 🍻
I waited months after Omnibus came out for my beloved Oceana, but it wasn't to be. It's more aquatic like some of the AdP flankers, but it does work with it.

Wondering if Seville's scent is similar to the profile of Acqua di Parma Colonia (the classic one). AdP soap is incredibly expensive, so have not tried it, but enjoy many of the clones (at least in terms of scent).

If any of you happen to know, could you let me know on a rough scale of 1-10 how close Seville is to the basic scent, or clones thereof with which you might be familiar? (Razorock Gold, XXX, and so forth).

Much appreciated!

Yes, AdP have their own shave cream, but it’s rather expensive.
B&M Seville is nowhere near similar to AdP, as already mentioned above, although it’s a nice scent nonetheless.
Stirling Soap Co has a large number of scents inspired by famous fragrances, and Piacenza is their take on AdP. They have a full range: shave soap (including soap sample), aftershave splash and balm, and EDT.

AdP Colonia shave cream is nice; perhaps most-scented shave cream ever.
Can't say if it's worth the price, but gives an excellent shave.
maybe this belongs in Shave Cream forum??

acqua di parma art of shaving friedellko wednesday december 6 2022.jpg

Have Seville currently and scored some AdP samples in the past. Both smell fantastic but the similarities end there. AdP cream is not worth the price imho.

Much appreciated!

I think Seville is great, but it is not Aqua di Parma Colonia. Ethos Colonia is based off of AdP Colonia.

Steve56

Ask me about shaving naked!
My 2 cents: Both AdP and Seville are Colonia scents, IOW citrus forward. AdP has a very bright, crisp, clean scent due to rose and other complimentary floral scents. Seville, as you might expect from the name, is more along the lines of a Spanish colonia scent like Alvarez Gomez, and had darker notes that resemble musk, jasmine, rosemary, vetiver, etc. The Spanish colonias that I have tried (not many admittedly) lack the crisp floral notes that make Acqua di Parma Colonia unique.

If you want to try out AdP without the cost, Fine Italian Citrus is very close, an excellent copy of the AS and EdT. Maggard has a sale on now and has samples of Fine IC AS, Seville soap and AS samples too. Why not try them? It’s really the only way when it comes to fragrances.

Hope this helps.

Top Bottom